Map and Travel workflow suggestions

Any workflows out there that that could map directions using say, google or bing maps with from, to and via operators? Google Earth?

Would be great to take to next level by say, using rome2rio.com where transport etc. become part of the picture. eg "From Milan to Charleston via London on April 20 2013" (rome2rio lists flights, trains, buses etc.) With Alfred as a front-ens....zounds!!

Here is a very simple workflow I cooked up to map directions from a fixed address to a selected contact.

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1725-mileage-tracker/?hl=mileage

I've never seen rome2rio before, but looking at it, the URL scheme is dead simple:

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/origin/destination

It's quite impressive - since it uses Google Maps to parse the addresses you can be pretty sloppy and still get results.

It would be a matter of capturing origin and destination (modifying David Ferguson's script filter example) then calling the URL.

BTW I think your post should be in Workflow Help & Questions - this forum is for completed workflows.

Edited by dfay

Any workflows out there that that could map directions using say, google or bing maps with from, to and via operators? Google Earth?

Would be great to take to next level by say, using rome2rio.com where transport etc. become part of the picture. eg "From Milan to Charleston via London on April 20 2013" (rome2rio lists flights, trains, buses etc.) With Alfred as a front-ens....zounds!!

Never heard about rome2rio before, but looked up at their API and it was quite straightforward and so came up with this, maybe something you can look into as well for ideas.