Alfred + ChatGPT

ndev

As a programmer who often Google or search on StackOverflow for code examples, I think it'll be good idea if Alfred can utilize ChatGPT. I don't need to browse thru the search results on Google, or wait for someone to answer the question on StackOverflow. Alfred + ChatGPT can show what I need to know instantaneously. Or I can 'talk' to Alfred when I'm bored =)

On 12/5/2022 at 9:05 AM, ndev said:

ChatGPT has already replaced most of my search, especially for coding (eg Stackoverflow).

It shouldn’t. Stack Overflow [Banned] ChatGPT For Constantly Giving Wrong Answers. Remember GPT doesn’t know correct from incorrect, it’s just good at giving answers confidently. Which it takes from other people on the internet.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, erusev said:

I'd like to be able to use the selected text (in any app) as a prompt at https://chat.openai.com/chat.

It should be a simple query to a Open URL Action.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, erusev said:

I imagine sth like: switch to the browser, select the right tab and paste selected text.

That requires automating the browser, which while possible depends entirely on the browser. Firefox can’t do it at all. You might be able to achieve another way by using delays and faking key presses.

9 hours ago, Wowotoe said:

I think it'll be good idea if Alfred can utilize ChatGPT.

As far as I’m aware there’s no official API to interact with the chat. Plus, always remember (as mentioned above) that GPT doesn’t know right from wrong. So even if it were allowed and OpenAI had the technical facilities in place, having an unpredictable system as an official part of Alfred wouldn’t be the right choice.

Workflows can go wild with it, though! That’s exactly what they’re for, so you can implement functionality yourself.