LastPass Search

• 3 weeks later...

@lhaeger This one is still on my list to review. But considering the recent LastPass breach, I wanted to check your plans for the feature of the workflow. I.e. if you plan to drop LastPass I guess you’d stop developing the workflow too?

I keep on using LastPass, something like that can happen to all alternatives as well, switching just gives a false sense of security, imho. I changed most public-facing passwords, just in case the attackers really manage to decrypt my vault (what they got are *encrypted* vaults, not cleartext data) and find it interesting.

But yes *if* I stop using LastPass or macOS, I'd most likely stop developing the workflow. Anyway, it's open-source and publicly available on github, so anyone interested can take over in that case (or contribute already now)... 🙂

50 minutes ago, lhaeger said:

something like that can happen to all alternatives as well, switching just gives a false sense of security, imho.

It’s my understanding the big problem with this breach is not so much the breach itself, but their security practices. Specifically that URLs weren’t encrypted and that the number of password iterations was too low on older accounts. I’ll urge you to at least verify what you number is and increase it if it’s under 100000.

Thank you for the fast confirmation. There are a lot of workflows to go through, so I appreciate your patience in the process. This should get significantly faster after the initial slump.

Stay safe! Oh, and happy new year!