Alfred-UTF

Adam Kiss

I _depended_ on the old Python 2 workflow for searching the Unicode database, and the only workflow I found was too slow for my taste, and not working properly, so I wrote my own.

The most interesting part (other than it does exactly what I want - search the database and remember my most used characters) is that it's fully written in SQLite - it's a fts5 index of whatever Unicode database I found (nearly 33k records), and the alfred JSON is ALSO generated by SQLite. SQLite is amazing.

The workflow is here: https://github.com/adamkiss/alfred-utf

ac6a122c-d1a4-4e7d-aaf8-cfaf4141997c.jpeg

Edited by Adam Kiss
I needed to add an empty line above the picture

Tried it out but bumped into errors. They’ve already been reported by @suliveevil.

Additionally, the titles in the Script Filters are confusing. Most people who’ll use this likely don’t know (or care) what sqlite is, so having the utf keyword be labeled Search sqlite3 is confusing. Suggestion: Have the title be Search Unicode Characters and the subtitle Begin with a colon to make a SQLite3 query. On the second one, have the title be Show 10 Most Used Unicode Characters. Could also make it utf9, which is the number of Alfred results.

Hey @vitor - Again, thank you :)

The errors should now be fixed - there was a couple of issues that slipped by me when testing (and writing in external files and then copy pasting to alfred boxes).

I also improved (I think) the messaging, but missed your message and did it my way - and utf 10 is still utf10 - but that's a quick update and I like the "9 items = 9 results" thingy going on.

Edit: totally switched the `utf10` to `utf9`, because it's great idea. I kept the labels as they were (mine improved version), because honestly, the "color SQlite query" was mostly done because I could, and it probably can be fun to play with it, but I don't think it will be really used.

Edited by Adam Kiss