Set Default Browser

Set Default Browser

Alfred workflow to set the default web browser [Download Here].

Add the browsers that you are missing to the list filter, and provide the bundle identifiers for them. Instead of adding the bundle identifier for, e.g. Brave Browser (com.brave.Browser), just providing the name (Brave) should also work. It should be able to handle everything you throw at it.

The executable is largely a rewrite of this code by “J.W. Bargsten” and adapted to work well with Alfred. It is a universal binary and will run on Macs with either ARM or Intel processors. If for some reason it does not work for you, or if you do not want to run an opaque executable, recompile and replace the included version. (Right-click the workflow and select Reveal in Finder for the location). See the README on Github for more information.

The workflow is the successor of this one from 2015.

- The latest addition now bypasses having to confirm the change each time by pressing a button.

- v1.1.1 does not rely on the executable and is good to go right away.

Edited by zeitlings

I'm not registered with the AppStore, unfortunately, so no notarization for me. It did not even occur to me not to compile it, though. It's definitely doable, the program is simple enough. Give me a second.

Edited by zeitlings