Hotkey for changing input languages

Hello everyone this is my first post here, and one of my first Alfred workflows.  

I use photoshop and illustrator extensively for my work, and require both English and Chinese language.  After updating to CS6 I noticed that many system hotkeys that I used before in previous versions of CS failed to work in CS6.  For example COMMAND + SPACE works fine for pulling up spotlight or Alfred now, but OPTION + COMMAND + SPACE will no longer work for changing languages.  This is hugely inconvenient when you are working with 1000+ photos and hundreds of illustrator files and need to be able to quickly and constantly switch back and forth between languages. (run-on sentence?)

So in the end I decided to make this little Alfred-wrapped Applescript that would perform the menubar clicks necessary to change languages.  It actually works quite quickly.  Not as slow as imagined at first.  

Pressing OPTION + COMMAND + SPACE will switch between the first language (in this case U.S. English) and the second language (Pinyin - Simplified) and back again.

In the workflow I have commented which parts to edit in order to change to your language of choice.

I hope this proves useful for someone else, and if anyone has any suggestions for improvement or questions please let me know!

UPDATE April 15th:

I've rewritten most of the script.  Instead of only selectively choosing Pinyin or English, the script will now step through all languages. I tested this by choosing 5 random languages and the script successfully stepped through each language and then wrapped around to the top of the list. Hope this is a little better!

download

Edited by davidapeck

I changed it to request the Thai language input, but it is not working. I will have to play around with that.

When you click on the language (flag) icon on the right side of the menu bar, it should have a drop down list of languages.  Can you send me a screenshot or tell me what languages are in your list? I will try and fix it for you.

I've rewritten most of the script.  Instead of only selectively choosing Pinyin or English, the script will now step through all languages. I tested this by choosing 5 random languages and the script successfully stepped through each language and then wrapped around to the top of the list. Hope this is a little better!

download

• 6 months later...

Hi. 

I`m korean student. 

I used your change language workflow. that is very useful. thank you.

But, I want propose one thing to you. 

When i did Mac, I used korean, japanese, English languages.

My Macbook keyboard is japan version. So, my Macbook has japanese languages change key, and English Change Key.

But, Sometime I want to input the korean, So, I everyday push, Command+Space key. 

Would you create korean language Hotkey workflow?

In other word,  Please create workflow Hotkey for one language.

That way,  when I want to input japanese, Just I push Japanese Hotkey. and When I want to input korean language, Just push (For example) Double push left control.  

Im sorry, I cant write english well.

I hope understanding my propose you.

Thank you.