theSquashSH

Syntax Highlighting in Large Type

As a coder I often use Alfred's wonderful large type key command to quickly display snippets of code to colleagues without all the other distractions on my screen.  If alfred provided built-in syntax it would make this much nicer.  If built-in is too heavy, I'd be happy to do the syntax highlighting myself, but alfred still needs to provide a method of colorizing Large Type output through a workflow.

ASCII escape sequences are one option, but I'm sure our friends at HQ can think of a better solution.

As a coder I often use Alfred's wonderful large type key command to quickly display snippets of code to colleagues without all the other distractions on my screen. If alfred provided built-in syntax it would make this much nicer. If built-in is too heavy, I'd be happy to do the syntax highlighting myself, but alfred still needs to provide a method of colorizing Large Type output through a workflow.

ASCII escape sequences are one option, but I'm sure our friends at HQ can think of a better solution.

Rather than using large type, if this code is in a file you could just use quick look to preview it from Alfred. There are plugins available for quick look that provide syntax highlighting I know

Rather than using large type, if this code is in a file you could just use quick look to preview it from Alfred. There are plugins available for quick look that provide syntax highlighting I know

I already have them and use them frequently, what I use Alfred's Large Type for is specifically highlighting one small segment of code and making it huge, as well as readable.

I already have them and use them frequently, what I use Alfred's Large Type for is specifically highlighting one small segment of code and making it huge, as well as readable.

Ah gotcha.