ChatFred: OpenAI's GPT-model workflow

ChatFred uses the official OpenAI API. At the moment it gives access to ChatGPT, DALL·E 2, Davinci, GPT-4, and some other InstructGPT models. I added quite a lot of features around those models. E.g. Universal actions, ChatGPT-Jailbreak, text transformation, etc.

check it out:

GitHub

Alfred Gallery

screenshot6.png

screenshot8.png

screenshot5.png

Edited by chrislemke
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, I've used it a couple of times and it's incredibly useful and amazing, but today I got this message while trying to generate new content
"🚨 You have reached the rate limit. Check your settings in your OpenAI dashboard."
OpenAi suggests that it is because of too many requests and that I would need to wait for a "cooldown", but it happened on the first prompt today, so I haven't even made a request, to begin with, and my OpenAi dashboard shows no activity for that API Key. Do you have any solution for this?
Thanks!

On 3/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, Rolis said:

hey, I've used it a couple of times and it's incredibly useful and amazing, but today I got this message while trying to generate new content
"🚨 You have reached the rate limit. Check your settings in your OpenAI dashboard."
OpenAi suggests that it is because of too many requests and that I would need to wait for a "cooldown", but it happened on the first prompt today, so I haven't even made a request, to begin with, and my OpenAi dashboard shows no activity for that API Key. Do you have any solution for this?
Thanks!

Sorry for the late response. It looks like OpenAI changed its pricing policy:

Start for free
Start experimenting with $5 in free credit that can be used during your first 3 months.

Maybe you already spend your free credits?

3 hours ago, xilopaint said:

Didn't you add the new language model in User Configuration?

Since the new "gpt-3.5-turbo" works differently from the other GPT models and the latter should remain available, the implementations have been separated from each other. With the keyword "cf" the ChatGPT model is now called. So it is not necessary to change the model in the configuration. If you want to work with the other models, there is now the keyword "cft".

9 hours ago, chrislemke said:

Sorry for the late response. It looks like OpenAI changed its pricing policy:

Maybe you already spend your free credits?

hey, yes, that's the case, I’ve logged in with my old account, and wasn’t aware of trial period, so my tokens just expired. Thanks for the quick help!

25 minutes ago, chrislemke said:

Actually about this one (v1.1.0-dev). Can't you see the cft keyword? I just checked again. But maybe I am missing something.

I was using v1.1.0-dev. I just deleted the workflow and installed it again and now I have the keyword. It might have something to do with how Alfred handles updates when you have the option "Migrate my workflow customizations" checked.

35 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

I was using v1.1.0-dev. I just deleted the workflow and installed it again and now I have the keyword. It might have something to do with how Alfred handles updates when you have the option "Migrate my workflow customizations" checked.

Cool. Thanks for the update. If you have some feedback or want to give tips on improving it, just comment in this discussion.

17 minutes ago, Aron said:

Oh I see, thanks. So only instructGPT is writing the history to chatFred.txt, would be useful for ChatGPT too.

There is a ChatFred_ChatGPT.log this contains your conversation with ChatGPT. You can find it here:

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/{something-with-ChatFred}

Edited by chrislemke

Thanks for the workflow, @chrislemke - It was fun to play with it, so I used it to write a blog post about itself! 😄

For those who'd like to read what happens when you ask ChatGPT to write the blog post and DALL-E 2 to create an image for it, this is what you get:

https://www.alfredapp.com/blog/fun-and-interesting/chatgpt-bringing-ai-to-alfred-with-chatfred/

Cheers,
Vero

Hey!

The ChatFred workflow can also be used as a search fallback. To conform to the other search we are debating what the best formulation would be. Originally it was "Talk to ChatGPT". But maybe "Ask ChatGPT '{query}'" fits better. But then it sounds strange if it would be "Ask ChatGPT 'Write a poem about Alfred'". Another good idea is "Ask ChatGPT for a suggestion". Unfortunately, I am not a native English speaker. Maybe somebody can help here a little. Thank you in advance.

9 minutes ago, chrislemke said:

But maybe "Ask ChatGPT '{query}'" fits better.

My personal opinion is that this is the best fit. It is reasonably broad, e.g.:

Ask ChatGPT What is the capital of Germany?

Ask ChatGPT Please write a poem about the end of the universe

Ask ChatGPT Give me a recipe for chickens' feet.

Etc.

Stephen

13 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

My personal opinion is that this is the best fit. It is reasonably broad, e.g.:

Ask ChatGPT What is the capital of Germany?

Ask ChatGPT Please write a poem about the end of the universe

Ask ChatGPT Give me a recipe for chickens' feet.

Etc.

Stephen

Good point. They all fit somehow. Thanks for your help!

This, of course is awesome.

I'd love a way to pick from a series of prompts. For example, I often have chat GPT put a more friendly tone to email. So it's not about the jailbreak prompt - but instead a specific phrase.  Ideally: "cf nicewrite" what's in the clipboard, and return it to the clipboard. Maybe I'm not using Alfred well enough. :D

4 hours ago, filmgeek said:

This, of course is awesome.

I'd love a way to pick from a series of prompts. For example, I often have chat GPT put a more friendly tone to email. So it's not about the jailbreak prompt - but instead a specific phrase.  Ideally: "cf nicewrite" what's in the clipboard, and return it to the clipboard. Maybe I'm not using Alfred well enough. :D

Hey!

I am currently working on a feature that may fit your needs. Check out the v1.3.0-dev3. It contains a function called Text transformation.