ChatFred: OpenAI's GPT-model workflow

I'm getting this error when I run a query with "CF." However, CFT works great!

ERROR: ChatFred[Run Script] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/text_chat.py", line 58, in <module>
def read_from_log() -> list[str]:
TypeError: 'type' object is not subscriptable

2 minutes ago, OSchrock said:

I'm getting this error when I run a query with "CF." However, CFT works great!

ERROR: ChatFred[Run Script] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/text_chat.py", line 58, in <module>
def read_from_log() -> list[str]:
TypeError: 'type' object is not subscriptable

Hey @OSchrock!

Which version you have installed?

Maybe this can help you.

I am using the V1.1.0 and when I type "cf where is Malaysia?" and press enter, nothing happened. I have put the API key. Any way I can troubleshoot this pls? I have use a different API key via drafts and it works, so I suspect I am have done something wrong in Alfred. Thank you.

Edited by Belfong
2 hours ago, Belfong said:

I am using the V1.1.0 and when I type "cf where is Malaysia?" and press enter, nothing happened. I have put the API key. Any way I can troubleshoot this pls? I have use a different API key via drafts and it works, so I suspect I am have done something wrong in Alfred. Thank you.

Hey @Belfong!

First please uninstall the workflow, download the newest version and install it. Maybe this already fixes your problem. Otherwise, please check out the troubleshooting section. Maybe this help. If not please create an issue with as much information as possible I will then investigate your problem. If you don't have a GitHub account you can also just shares logs and debug information here.

Edited by chrislemke
13 hours ago, chrislemke said:

Hey @Belfong!

First please uninstall the workflow, download the newest version and install it. Maybe this already fixes your problem. Otherwise, please check out the troubleshooting section. Maybe this help. If not please create an issue with as much information as possible I will then investigate your problem. If you don't have a GitHub account you can also just shares logs and debug information here.

Yes! Issue resolved! Awesome!

I bought a subscription on openai. (The temporary hold 5$ subscription) and I created a private api key and put it into the Alfred workflow. However when I type CF and then a question it goes to „search google/Amazon Wikipedia“

anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, Benny4 said:

I bought a subscription on openai. (The temporary hold 5$ subscription) and I created a private api key and put it into the Alfred workflow. However when I type CF and then a question it goes to „search google/Amazon Wikipedia“

anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance 

Hey @Benny4!

Happy to help! You could check out the troubleshooting section. Maybe this helps you already. If not perhaps you can provide some additional information like the debug printout?

On 3/27/2023 at 1:41 PM, chrislemke said:

Great! Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

@chrislemke This is a great workflow. many thanks for developing and sharing it. I want to check if we can set multiple transform request such as 1. Rephrase this 2. Give 1-3 words title for text provided. Also, what is the limit for API access? Is it a daily or monthly limit? Can mp3/mp4 be directly transcribed to text using chatGPT?

regards, 

11 hours ago, TomBenz said:

@chrislemke This is a great workflow. many thanks for developing and sharing it. I want to check if we can set multiple transform request such as 1. Rephrase this 2. Give 1-3 words title for text provided. Also, what is the limit for API access? Is it a daily or monthly limit? Can mp3/mp4 be directly transcribed to text using chatGPT?

regards, 

Hey! @TomBenz

Great that you like the workflow. Concerning the API limit - there is no default limit but you can set it yourself. Check this link. For handling mp3 files the workflow uses Whisper. So if you just want to transcribe text you actually don't need to use ChatGPT itself. Hope I could help.

Best,

Chris 

1 hour ago, chrislemke said:

Hey! @TomBenz

Great that you like the workflow. Concerning the API limit - there is no default limit but you can set it yourself. Check this link. For handling mp3 files the workflow uses Whisper. So if you just want to transcribe text you actually don't need to use ChatGPT itself. Hope I could help.

Best,

Chris 

Thanks Chris. Does chatFred work both with free and paid version of chatGPT? I see 18 $ credits granted initially and will check if it is daily or cumulative value.

On whisper, I read a comparison with other tools at https://towardsdatascience.com/transcribe-audio-files-with-openais-whisper-e973ae348aa7 I have tried the online tool as well, and it looks good. I currently use Microsoft streams to upload meetings and get transcripts for it. I would like to check and find out if whisper gives better quality transcripts. Is there an Alfred workflow available that use Whisper to transcribe audio to text? I will explore the two links below as well:

https://andrewmayneblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/16/the-easy-guide-to-using-openais-whisper-model-to-transcribe-video-and-audio/

https://github.com/openai/whisper

10 hours ago, TomBenz said:

Thanks Chris. Does chatFred work both with free and paid version of chatGPT? I see 18 $ credits granted initially and will check if it is daily or cumulative value.

On whisper, I read a comparison with other tools at https://towardsdatascience.com/transcribe-audio-files-with-openais-whisper-e973ae348aa7 I have tried the online tool as well, and it looks good. I currently use Microsoft streams to upload meetings and get transcripts for it. I would like to check and find out if whisper gives better quality transcripts. Is there an Alfred workflow available that use Whisper to transcribe audio to text? I will explore the two links below as well:

https://andrewmayneblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/16/the-easy-guide-to-using-openais-whisper-model-to-transcribe-video-and-audio/

https://github.com/openai/whisper

Hey!

Since ChatFred works using OpenAI's API it is neither using the free nor the paid version of ChatGPT. You actually have to pay for every request. OpenAI gives you 5 $ to spend for the first three month. Here you can find the prices for the usage of ChatGPT and the other models.

Concerning Whisper, I have not found a Alfred workflow which uses it for pure transcription but maybe we can implement this feature in ChatFred. You could open an issue for it. 

After the 30-day period ended, I received a notification stating that I could no longer use the workflow. However, when I visited Openai.com, I was still able to use the ChatGPT without any issues. I created another API, hoping that it would allow me to continue using the workflow, but it did not. Therefore, I would like to inquire if this workflow can only be used once.

33 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

After the 30-day period ended, I received a notification stating that I could no longer use the workflow. However, when I visited Openai.com, I was still able to use the ChatGPT without any issues. I created another API, hoping that it would allow me to continue using the workflow, but it did not. Therefore, I would like to inquire if this workflow can only be used once.

https://openai.com/pricing

That uses two different apps and the bulk of the work is done by Shortcuts. In other words, you can just as easily make it with Alfred and it will work the same. In addition, as per the instructions you still need to set an API key so I see no indication that solution allows you to use ChatGPT without paying.

Edited by vitor

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded the Chatfred workflow and I am having trouble getting the prompts to work. cft and cfi prompts are working but cf is not working and Alfred just suggests Google, Amazon, etc.

Even for the ones that are working, when I type in a question in cfi, it will give me the answer but if it is too long, there is no way for me to read the entire thing as when I hit enter, it just disappears. When I see the screenshots of the workflow, it looks like the replies are being displayed on a separate program. Like when you asked ChatGPT to write a poem, what program is the poem displayed in? Do I need to have something else installed on my machine for it to work?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sunday

1 hour ago, vitor said:

you still need to set an API key so I see no indication that solution allows you to use ChatGPT without paying

I'm using it now (ChatGPT) without problems, but the workflow (ChatFred) is not working. It simply stops working. I even created another Gmail account, a brand-new account on Openai website and the workflow still doesn't work. Keyboard Maestro is working like a charm.