Capital letters as keywords.

Hi guys,

I was going to post this in the bugs forum, but it's probably not the right place.

TL; DR - How do I set Alfred to use a capital letter as a keyword, as Alfred always seems to lowercase any single keyword.

The Over Explainy Bit

I've been using Alfred since shortly after it came out and because I am quadriplegic using a voice interface to control my computer, Alfred is absolutely essential. He's the best manservant person can have!

I tell you that to put this problem in some sort of context, so here goes:

When I'm using Alfred I will say "search Alfred" which opens Alfred, then I will for instance say "W" to bring up the Wolfram| Alpha workflow; but the problem Is my voice software always capitalises any letter I say in isolation. But I don't seem to be able to set a capital letter as a keyword in Alfred.

I'm completely aware that I could be missing something TOTALLY obvious, so if somebody could point me in the right direction of a solution or even a place to start that would be great!

Hi guys,

When I'm using Alfred I will say "search Alfred" which opens Alfred, then I will for instance say "W" to bring up the Wolfram| Alpha workflow; but the problem Is my voice software always capitalises any letter I say in isolation. But I don't seem to be able to set a capital letter as a keyword in Alfred.

I'm completely aware that I could be missing something TOTALLY obvious, so if somebody could point me in the right direction of a solution or even a place to start that would be great!

Hi there,

Alfred should be case insensitive when it comes to keywords, so if your keyword for Wolfram is 'w' or 'W', it shouldn't make any difference. Could you point me to the exact workflow you are trying to use and I'll check it out :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

It was this workflow: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/655-wolframalpha-workflow/?hl=wolfram

Another piece of information about this, when I do "W" I get a list of applications that begin with W and the workflow only appears when I pressed the sometimes. But not always.

I think the wolfram one will be there, but shown off the bottom of the results list. If you type 'w[space]' you should see it.

If you don't mind waiting a few days, 2.0.3 is almost out which enhances Alfred's result ranking and will sort this workflow above the apps once it has been used a few times :)

Cheers,

Andrew

• 6 years later...
On 4/15/2013 at 10:12 PM, Andrew said:

Alfred should be case insensitive when it comes to keywords

Why is that? That would let me have more possibilities to choose a keyword from 😀

Just look for such thread as I tried to set a keyword with only capital letters... that Alfred was always saving as lower case letter. 

Why was I trying it ? Because I wanted to not have a conflict with one of my TextExpander snippet. 

TextExpander snippet was renamed, potential conflict killed. 👍