Forum suggestions

Hi all

Not a Alfred suggestion but a pair of suggestions for the forum.

1) Is it possible to get the beta test forums excluded from the search for people that don't have permission to access it? From time to time I get search results that I can't view and I assume they were from a beta test or something similar?

2) Is it possible to age restrict the search results by default? So just show the last year of results and then let people use the search options to expand it if necessary? Posts from 2017 regularly show up and aren't typically of much use.  

8 hours ago, pixelgeek said:

1) Is it possible to get the beta test forums excluded from the search for people that don't have permission to access it? From time to time I get search results that I can't view and I assume they were from a beta test or something similar?

I wasn't aware that was the case, so I'll definitely look into this.

8 hours ago, pixelgeek said:

2) Is it possible to age restrict the search results by default? So just show the last year of results and then let people use the search options to expand it if necessary? Posts from 2017 regularly show up and aren't typically of much use.  

It isn't a default (and I'm not sure we can control that default, short of hiding all older posts, but will take a look into it) but you can restrict your search using the forum search filters by either limiting by date created or last updated. To access this panel, use the "+ More search options" button to the bottom right of the search field.

image.png

Cheers,
Vero

5 hours ago, Vero said:

It isn't a default (and I'm not sure we can control that default, short of hiding all older posts, but will take a look into it) but you can restrict your search using the forum search filters by either limiting by date created or last updated.

I did end up doing that. I will use @vitor's suggestion about creating a custom search as well. I wasn't aware that the URL saved the search parameters.

Thanks