How does everyone remember all the keywords when using workflows?

Thanks,

plucas62

Most are named pretty descriptively or have a keyword that somewhat resembles the first word that would come to mind for triggering that workflow. Typing a few letters would start filtering down to show you the list of potential actions.

I believe someone else (Shawn Rice maybe?) created a workflow for showing a list of keywords and info on the workflows you have installed.

Thanks,

plucas62

Take a look at this.

Most are named pretty descriptively or have a keyword that somewhat resembles the first word that would come to mind for triggering that workflow. Typing a few letters would start filtering down to show you the list of potential actions.

I believe someone else (Shawn Rice maybe?) created a workflow for showing a list of keywords and info on the workflows you have installed.

He did, I prefer the one above however, as it shows your whole list inside alfred and not in qlmanage.

I did do one. Here is the link: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1653-workflows-help-workflow/.

When I get some time, I'll finish writing the second version that's going to display things in a pop-up window.

My workflow gives you a bit more information overall, and it lets you see all of your workflows in a more "global" sense. The one mentioned above lets you get the information on specific workflows. I think it's just a matter of preference.

Most are named pretty descriptively or have a keyword that somewhat resembles the first word that would come to mind for triggering that workflow.

At the same time, that is also what I recommend you do when finding the keyword hard to remember or unintuitive. Just substitute it for the first thing that comes to your head — don’t try to think of “the best one”, the one that first pops to your head now is very likely the first that’ll pop into your head later.

Edited by Vítor

I did do one. Here is the link: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1653-workflows-help-workflow/.

When I get some time, I'll finish writing the second version that's going to display things in a pop-up window.

My workflow gives you a bit more information overall, and it lets you see all of your workflows in a more "global" sense. The one mentioned above lets you get the information on specific workflows. I think it's just a matter of preference.

I agree, but what do you mean by specific workflows?

Oh, I mean that the one I didn't do gives a faster response on workflows individually. So, mine puts out a full list of all of your workflows, and the "Browse Alfred Extensions" that is linked above lets you see things mostly for a single workflow at a time.

Another note: I haven't had the time to finish it, but I'm revamping my entire workflow to have a config file that includes all of the requests that you can find in the thread, and I'm making it run faster by caching the help files, and I'm displaying it in a different HUD, and I'm adding in more information in a prettier way. I'm also including an option for developers to include a file that will display a particular help file that might be more informative than the information that I can pull out of the plists. So, when I find a bit more time (after I finish grading a whole lot of papers and finish developing a WP plugin for a fellowship that I'm doing...), that version will be released.