Prevent Alfred from auto-opening

@verypleasant In Alfred's General preferences, uncheck Launch at Login. The next steps depends on which version of macOS you're on:

• On Ventura, in your System Settings > General > Login Items, remove Alfred
  • On Monterey and older, in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items, remove Alfred

@verypleasant Could you provide screenshots of your Login Items? I've just re-tested this on two of our Macs and simply unchecking the "Launch Alfred at login" box in Alfred's General preferences is all that was needed to ensure Alfred doesn't launch on restart.

Could you also send your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred, to our info@ email address so that I can take a look at your Alfred configuration?

Cheers,
Vero

• 3 months later...

I had the same issue. Alfred is not in my Login Items. It is in my launch agents:

✗ ls ~/Library/LaunchAgents|grep lfred
com.alfredapp.1password.plist

I've unchecked 'Launch Alfred at login' and then tapped the Quit Alfred button. It will quit but about 10 minutes later (i'm guessing) it restarts. This has happened several times in a row. 

image.png.9dbe07eb9e5d0a3c37b4acab1a3e91e5.png

UPDATE: But then I removed the `com.alfredapp.1password.plist` file and restarted, and Alfred doesn't seem to keep restarting, yay!

Edited by Lowell
2 hours ago, Lowell said:

But then I removed the `com.alfredapp.1password.plist` file

That siggests you might be using the Alfred 1Password workflow. As I don't use 1Password I'm not sure if that is related to your problem but, from what you say, it may well be. Are you using 1Password after quitting Alfred (because I'm wondering if that is the time Alfred automatically restarts…because of that workflow)?

Stephen

2 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

Are you using 1Password after quitting Alfred

That could be the cause. Deleting that file and restarting does solve it. That was an old file, and in more recent versions of the workflow the restarting issue has already been taken care of.