Parallels Desktop workflow

I've published a very simple Parallels Desktop workflow; you can list all your virtual machines and start/stop/suspend/resume/take a screenshot for each VM.

2vxhyxi.jpg

The syntax is very simple: `prl <name>`

Yes, it's very simple.

Open the Workflows panel in Alfred 2, click on the "Parallels Desktop" workflow and again double click on the "prl - Script filter" icon; you can easly change the Keyword from "prl" to "vm" and save the new configuration :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, thanks for a great workflow.

Maybe a bug: If I try to resume a virtual machine when parallels is not running, it seems like the machine is resumed, but not shown until I start parallels. Is it ment to be this way?

Quick question about Parallels... has anyone been able to get Alfred to cross into the guest OS?  I would love to be able to perform actions in my virtual machine through Alfred...

Not sure about Parallels, but you can do it with VMWare, e.g., 'vmrun -T ws -gu guestUser -gp guestPassword runProgramInGuest "c:\my VMs\myVM.vmx" "c:\Program Files\myProgram.exe"' You have to authenticate to the guest OS to do it. Annoyingly, the same is true of taking screenshots.

Maybe a bug: If I try to resume a virtual machine when parallels is not running, it seems like the machine is resumed, but not shown until I start parallels. Is it ment to be this way?

I have the same issue!

• 6 months later...

Still the same issue with Parallels 9. Any update or workaround possible?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not saying this as a fanboy of VMWare, but simply as an observation. The interface to control VMWare is stable. It's used by both the personal client and the Enterprise server so it needs to be. If controlling your VMs is important to you, you might take that into consideration.

I can't provide any further help on the workflow as we're not Parallels users here, but we have a few Alfred users at Parallels so I've made them aware of this post in the hope they might pop in and lend a hand :)

Cheers,

Vero

• 4 months later...