exclude certain items from the search

If you want permanently to exclude specific folders from your Alfred search results you can drag those to Spotlight's Privacy tab. Alternatively you can add an alfred:ignore tag to the relevant files (by doing a Get Info on them). In either case type reload into Alfred afterwards so that Alfred's app cache is refreshed instantly. The alfred:ignore tag will also allow you to ignore specified folders but still see their contents in search results.

Stephen

23 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

If you want permanently to exclude specific folders from your Alfred search results you can drag those to Spotlight's Privacy tab. Alternatively you can add an alfred:ignore tag to the relevant files (by doing a Get Info on them). In either case type reload into Alfred afterwards so that Alfred's app cache is refreshed instantly. The alfred:ignore tag will also allow you to ignore specified folders but still see their contents in search results.

Stephen

Perfect. Thanks for the response :)

5 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

Can you open the debug window for the Ignore workflow then run the workflow and try to ignore that folder again. Post the output of the debug window here.

Stephen

[07:24:09.568] Logging Started...
[07:24:14.887] Ignore in Alfred[File Filter] Processing complete
[07:24:14.893] Ignore in Alfred[File Filter] Passing output '/Users/itrecords/Parallels' to Automation Task
[07:24:14.894] Ignore in Alfred[Automation Task] Running task 'Add Tags' with arguments (
    "/Users/itrecords/Parallels"
)

Edited by GrimlocK

I'm really sorry that I'm not sure why that is not working—although I have a slight suspicion that it may be because the Parallels folder is in some way a special folder.

I'll tag @vitor to see if he can be rather more helpful than I have been!

Just a thought…when you check the folder in Finder has the tag actually been added?

Edit: Does dragging the folder into Spotlight Privacy work?

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C
55 minutes ago, vitor said:

You’re doing it on a folder directly under your home and search optimises that. To change the behaviour go to Alfred Preferences → Features → Default Results and Reset the Search Scope to Applications and Home.

The box you unticked is orthogonal to the situation.

Perfect my friend :). work now. Thank you