.org files search?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering: How do I get Alfred to search .org files? They're just text files but with .org instead of .txt at the end. I don't see how to add that to get them searched.

I have a few thousand .org files and I'd like to be able to pull up that info with Alfred.

Thanks.

P.S. I just found out that you can search for the org file names by typing "org <search>" but it will not search inside the documents themselves.

Edited by Nat Harari

You should be able to create a file filter. Just drag in one of your .org files into the file types list, set a keyword and you should be good to go. You can also further narrow your scope if want to designate a specific folder if that is where your .org files reside. Here are some screenshots of a workflow i use to search taskpaper files. You can also read more about file filters here.

image.png.92c840a97e35188a4d6e44b11e65ec1f.png

image.thumb.png.005e9be21c75ea01c32c4710a9f7a25a.png

Edited by sepulchra

Thanks! I just added it. I admit: I completely missed the "Advanced" button. It was around 7am when I asked so it was before that when I was asking. I just dragged and dropped an .org file into the pop-up window and it seems like it recognised the type automatically. I'll give it time to catalog everything and then try searching again.

Thank you very much. 👍😀