Create New Folder when using Action "Move to..."

OP here.

I see I have stirred up a flurry of interest. Really appreciated.

Here is my ideal workflow:

I often have incoming files in my Download folder or Desktop that I want to put away in various folders.

Alfred's Universal File Action "Move to..." makes this quick and easy.

However, sometimes I need to create a new folder inside an existing one. For example, I have income research papers that I put into a "Research" folder, but I would like to be able to create a sub-folder inside of "Research" on-the-fly, and move the file into that new folder.

Although I frequently need this inside my "Research" folder, I would like to be able to do this inside ANY existing folder, rather than having to setup an action/workflow/script that only allowed this operation inside of previously determined folders.

I was hoping the original workflow I mentioned (https://www.deanishe.net/post/2019/06/workflow-new-directory-with-selection/) would do the trick, but even after editing the python file, I cannot get this to work, and I have not heard back from the developer (admittedly it was only two days ago, so he may well answer.)

Seems this would be a VERY helpful action for other users as well.

I'm not a coder, so limited ability to modify scripts etc, but grateful for whatever solutions you may come up with.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, mlondon said:

I'm not a coder, so limited ability to modify scripts etc, but grateful for whatever solutions you may come up with.

Neither are we really. I like puzzles though and your suggestion is a really good one. I've been incredibly impressed with the addition of automation tasks and they are really quite powerful once you get working with them. I suspect @Stephen_C will have this locked down for you by tomorrow. I'm already using what he made with some tweaks today.

Edited by sepulchra