Clipboard Auto Paste on Return appears to not be working

dkardell

Alfred 5.1 [2134]. it appears the auto paste is no longer working on Ventura 13.3.1 ? 

I can select from the list of the clip board and the dialog disappears but does not insert the selected clipboard text.  if I do a pate it shows; auto paste does not appear to be working any longer

Edited by dkardell

Mac Studio M1 Max, Ventura 13.3.1

Also doesn't work on my Macbook Air M1 Ventura 13.3.1

Using the command shortcuts on the clipboard items also does not work (ie. Cmd-1, Cmd-2)

Edited by mr-peanut

@dkardell @mr-peanut I would suggest first removing and re-granting Alfred Accessibility permissions. If you also updated macOS around the same time, it may be that the permissions are no longer properly granted to Alfred.

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/permissions/#regrant

Next, try the auto-paste in TextEdit to narrow down whether there really is a pasting issue, or whether it's the destination that's causing an issue.

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks so issuing 

tccutil reset All com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred

and then going to the General->Permissions and re-enabling seems to have worked.

Note: Alfred does not show up in the automation request for Mac Permissions.  When you click on it. Alfred is not listed and there does not appear to be a way to add it (but that has nothing to do with auto-paste)

3 minutes ago, dkardell said:

going to the General->Permissions and re-enabling seems to have worked

Good news, glad you're sorted. Sounds like macOS permissions had become corrupted on your Mac.

4 minutes ago, dkardell said:

Note: Alfred does not show up in the automation request for Mac Permissions

That is normal; macOS will request Automation permissions as and when they are needed, so it's not one where you need to preemptively grant permission. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Vero — any suggestions? The problem persists.

I ran the Terminal command (and it confirmed successful).
Upon restarting Alfred, I was however NOT asked to re-enable permissions.

Toggled the switch in System Settings manually again, and inside the Alfred prefs. Regardless, no joy.  

Running Alfred 5.1 [2134], macOS Ventura 13.3

@Cassady Are any of the actions requiring accessibility working on your Mac? E.g. snippet text expansion, selecting a file in Finder with the Universal Actions hotkey, etc?

If none of these work, it's a sign that granting Accessibility is still failing on your Mac. I would suggest temporarily creating a new user account from fresh, and testing whether you're able to grant permissions normally on it and use some of the accessibility-based actions mentioned above. This will then narrow down the issue solely to your primary user account.

If you can provide as much information as possible on what you've tried and what is/isn't working, we'll try to help you work out what's happening on your Mac. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 10:06 AM, Vero said:

@Cassady Are any of the actions requiring accessibility working on your Mac? E.g. snippet text expansion, selecting a file in Finder with the Universal Actions hotkey, etc?

If none of these work, it's a sign that granting Accessibility is still failing on your Mac. I would suggest temporarily creating a new user account from fresh, and testing whether you're able to grant permissions normally on it and use some of the accessibility-based actions mentioned above. This will then narrow down the issue solely to your primary user account.

If you can provide as much information as possible on what you've tried and what is/isn't working, we'll try to help you work out what's happening on your Mac. :) 

Happy to report that following the latest update to Ventura 13.4, which coincided with my spelunking around in the hot-mess that is the new System Settings, I managed to re-enable Alfred permissions, and all is now working again. 

I know this will require more work on your part -- but a possible suggestion to consider (if there isn't already one??), is to pop up a blog-post/how-to article with screenshots of where all the possible Alfred permissions toggle buttons might be in the new System Settings.

Given that the latter is not very user friendly in the first place, it now takes a fair amount of patience/persistence in finding all the places those toggles might be found in. 

Fairly certain the root of my issues was one that was unchecked (or at least, had become unchecked) -- but even though I found it literally a few minutes back, I am already fairly certain I would need to hunt for it again, since it was not at all where I would have expected to find it.