Expand snippet in Alfred entry field?

Greets all,

I'm a long-time user of the free version and just upgraded to the Powerpack after ditching TextExpander. To be clear, the snippets I've created work in apps and fields, I have auto-expand turned on. I'm not able to get a snippet to expand in the Alfred entry field however. Is this something which requires special permissions somewhere?

For example, I have frequent searches for the same topic, and instead of typing out "Mnemonics for human anatomy" every time I want to search, I create a snippet to type it. This worked in the past with TextExpander, but doesn't function using the built-in snippets in Alfred.

Can anyone point me to a way to make this happen, or definitively tell me it's just not possible?

Thanks for any helpful responses!

@MarkieSee By default, Alfred himself is excluded from the auto-expansion because you might want to type "snip" or the question mark followed by the shortcut of your snippet without it accidentally auto-expanding.

Having said that, if you would prefer for snippets to expand in Alfred's search box, open the prefs to Features > Snippets > Auto-Expansion Options > Options and remove Alfred from the list of "Don't expand" apps. :)