Sign in to follow this  
edalzell

Area code lookup?

Is there a workflow to look up area code? I tried searching in the forum but "area code" and "areacode" have no results and area code returns too many.

I'm looking for one that just take a 3 digit area code and returns the city & state.

I could probably cobble something together if there was an easy service to pull from, but I'd really rather not.

Is there a workflow to look up area code? I tried searching in the forum but "area code" and "areacode" have no results and area code returns too many.

I'm looking for one that just take a 3 digit area code and returns the city & state.

I could probably cobble something together if there was an easy service to pull from, but I'd really rather not.

Something like this could be done using the allareacodes.com api, but, getting back a city & state.... I don't know about because an area isn't tied to a city directly. For instance, I'm originally from MS and the 662 area code covers the entirety of north MS. 

Something like this could be done using the allareacodes.com api, but, getting back a city & state.... I don't know about because an area isn't tied to a city directly. For instance, I'm originally from MS and the 662 area code covers the entirety of north MS. 

There's always at least one city tied to an area code.

That API looks like it would work....I guess I will figure out if I can do it.

Thanks

There's always at least one city tied to an area code.

That API looks like it would work....I guess I will figure out if I can do it.

Thanks

Let me know if you need any help getting this workflow together.