Is the clipboard history secure or encrypted in some way??

I have read some older questions in this forum on this subject and there is NO clarity. I regularly copy and paste passwords (who doesn't). Is the clipboard history in Alfred secure or not? Is it secure on my iMac M1 and on the internet (networks etc.)? Do the folks at Alfred have access to the clipboard history or is it totally local on my Mac?

Edited by iGreg

Welcome @iGreg,

See Alfred and Security and Using Clipboard History.

Clipboard History isn’t even enabled by default, for privacy reasons. It’s also not synced between Macs, even if you choose to sync your preferences. The Alfred team has no access to your Clipboard History or other preferences. By default passwords are not stored in history if the origin application indicates they are sensitive data (see Alfred Preferences → Features → Clipboard History → Advanced → The two Ignore checkboxes at the bottom). You can also tell Alfred to ignore copies from any specific app (see table just above). Delete any entry from your history on demand with fn⌫ or the clear keyword.

You can verify this yourself by inspecting the clipboard history database at ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Databases/clipboard.alfdb, which is a SQLite3 database. The preferences you can sync are at ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences by default, or at your chosen location if you sync them. It’s a bundle, so you can right-click → Show Package Contents to see what’s inside.

I hope that covers everything. Please do followup if anything was unclear.