Alfred sync with Nextcloud

Hello all. I'm a new user. Came here from Raycast, and was please enough that I bought the lifetime Power Pack.

I have a Mac mini and a MacBook Pro that I want to sync settings with. I know the preferred tool is Dropbox. But I deleted my Dropbox account a few months ago and don't want to go back there.

I'd also like to make sure that my settings are end-to-end encrypted or stored locally, so my options are:

1. iCloud drive

2. Megasync

3. Nextcloud

4. Syncthing

Reading through the forum posts, it seems that iCloud Drive is out. I found one post extolling the virtues of Syncthing, so I will be test that shortly. I'm curious if anyone is using Nextcloud or Megasync to sync settings and how it's working for you.

Welcome @AndyP,

Dropbox used to be recommended but they’ve been a tad more unreliable as of late. It is possible to use iCloud Drive and some people do use it with success, but it has always been finicky in general which is why it’s not recommended.

But technically you can do it with any service. What’s important is that you set it up so that the Alfred.alfredpreferences bundle is always offline. It has a bunch of files and folders inside (you can inspect it with right-click → Show Package Contents) which need to be accessible.

I have a Synology NAS. Could I use a shared drive off a NAS, or will that cause conflicts.

As a new Alfred user, I'm obviously in heavy configuration mode now. But I expect in a week or so, I'll be more "stable" and there will be less syncing.