Download Media — Download video and audio from web pages

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2018 at 12:29 AM, bgsufn said:

I am having an issue where I get two separate files – a video file in .mp4 and an audio file in .m4a. This happens every time. Am I doing something wrong?

Just released a new version. Try that out, it should fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Vitor,  

First of all, thanks for this awesome workflow.  🙏🏻

It worked wonderfully for so long... But not anymore 😕  

First: It would "not download & save" -> I could see the download in the progress view, but after that the file was not there.  

I re-installed the workflow, and now every link on youtube would result with "url invalid"  

Please let me know if you have any idea about how to solve this.  
Thanks in advance
Marc 

Welcome @mgris, and thank you for the kind words.

Long story short, this will self fix if you wait a few days. If you want it fixed now (and why not), open a terminal and run:

"${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data/com.vitorgalvao.alfred._sharedresources/bin/youtube-dl" --update && exit

After the command finishes (it should take under a minute), you may close the terminal widow and the issue should be fixed.

Edited by vitor
6 hours ago, mgris said:

I still get a "URL Invalid" error message whenever I try to download audio from Youtube

What was the output of the command? If you run it now, what does it say?

And only in that situation?

6 hours ago, mgris said:

Any other idea  ?

Open a terminal and run youtube-dl --update, in case you have it installed from another source.

If that doesn’t work, open the debugger, set the log output to “All Information”, and post the output.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 6:36 PM, deanishe said:

I'm sure @vitor will add a link to the last Alfred 3-compatible version to the README.

I have indeed, replacing the previous note to download the last working Workflow for Alfred 2. Thank you @deanishe for posting a link earlier.

@s95hc8 You should delete the OneUpdater node (it’s easy to identify: coloured pink and has a note) to avoid getting further update notices if you intend to stay on Alfred 3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm new to this, could you help me solving this? Im having problems downloading video's from youtube.

[19:41:02.424] Logging Started...
[19:41:06.509] DownVid[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[19:41:06.718] DownVid[Script Filter] Script with argv '' finished
[19:41:06.723] DownVid[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"dv","title":"Download Video","subtitle":"Downloads the video to ~/Desktop","arg":"downvidservices video watchlist_false playlist_false","mods":{"cmd":{"subtitle":"Download full playlist","arg":"downvidservices video watchlist_false playlist_true"}}},{"uid":"da","title":"Download Audio","subtitle":"Downloads the audio to ~/Desktop","arg":"downvidservices audio watchlist_false playlist_false","mods":{"cmd":{"subtitle":"Download full playlist","arg":"downvidservices audio watchlist_false playlist_true"}}}]}
[19:41:12.360] DownVid[Script Filter] Processing complete
[19:41:12.363] DownVid[Script Filter] Passing output 'downvidservices video watchlist_false playlist_false' to Run Script
[19:41:12.533] ERROR: DownVid[Run Script] Could not download resource.
./downvid: line 8: sed: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 9: sed: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 13: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 14: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 15: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 16: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 46: youtube-dl: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 50: basename: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 8: basename: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 9: dirname: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 9: dirname: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 10: dirname: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 10: dirname: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 66: touch: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 67: osascript: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 68: /MacOS/applet: No such file or directory
[19:41:12.549] DownVid[Run Script] Processing complete
[19:41:12.550] DownVid[Run Script] Passing output '' to Run Script

14 minutes ago, vitor said:

@jwz Your system seems to be missing several basic tools. What’s your macOS version?

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm running Macos Mojave 10.14.5 .

[19:56:22.485] DownVid[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[19:56:22.681] DownVid[Script Filter] Script with argv '' finished
[19:56:22.686] DownVid[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"dv","title":"Download Video","subtitle":"Downloads the video to ~/Desktop","arg":"https://youtu.be/lu7SycvxS2Q video watchlist_false playlist_false","mods":{"cmd":{"subtitle":"Download full playlist","arg":"------------------ video watchlist_false playlist_true"}}},{"uid":"da","title":"Download Audio","subtitle":"Downloads the audio to ~/Desktop","arg":"https://youtu.be/lu7SycvxS2Q audio watchlist_false playlist_false","mods":{"cmd":{"subtitle":"Download full playlist","arg":"https://youtu.be/lu7SycvxS2Q audio watchlist_false playlist_true"}}}]}
[19:56:23.997] DownVid[Script Filter] Processing complete
[19:56:23.999] DownVid[Script Filter] Passing output 'https://youtu.be/lu7SycvxS2Q video watchlist_false playlist_false' to Run Script
[19:56:24.151] ERROR: DownVid[Run Script] Could not download resource.
./downvid: line 8: sed: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 9: sed: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 13: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 14: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 15: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 16: awk: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 46: youtube-dl: No such file or directory
./downvid: line 50: basename: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 8: basename: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 66: touch: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 67: osascript: No such file or directory
./Notificator.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/notificator: line 68: /MacOS/applet: No such file or directory
[19:56:24.166] DownVid[Run Script] Processing complete
[19:56:24.167] DownVid[Run Script] Passing output '' to Run Script

Edited by jwz
1 minute ago, vitor said:

@jwz It seems that your macOS installation is borked. It has nothing to do with the Workflow. Try Ask Different. Mention these errors:

sed: No such file or directory
awk: No such file or directory
basename: No such file or directory

Thanks, will a repair of the os help? or should is do a clean install?