"Launch at login" does not persist after restarting the application

Steps to reproduce:

- Start Alfred by double-clicking the application in `/Applications`

- Check the "Launch Alfred at login" box

- Quit the application using the "Quit Alfred" button next to the checkbox

- Launch the application again by double clicking the application in `/Applications`

- See that the checkbox is no longer checked

Presumably a reinstallation of the application could fix this, but I thought I would report the bug here anyway in case someone wants me to collect logs or something.

26 minutes ago, zmitchell said:

- Launch the application again by double clicking the application in `/Applications`

- See that the checkbox is no longer checked

I cannot reproduce that using Alfred 5.1.1 and macOS 13.4. What versions are you using?

Stephen

@zmitchell Welcome to the forum! 

Could you please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email it to our info@ address, with a reference back to this thread? I'll take a look at whether your Diagnostics give me any further info :)

@zmitchell I've had a look at your diagnostics file, and nothing surprising jumped at me.

It seems there may simply be a permissions issue on your Mac, which means that Alfred isn't able to save this preference in macOS. You can add Alfred manually to the Launch at Login list instead by opening System Settings > General > Login Items. Use the [+] button to add Alfred 5 to the list of apps that are allowed to launch at login.

Restart your Mac and see if Alfred is still in the list - If so, you're all sorted. If not, there will be a deeper permission issue on your Mac that needs to be resolved as it will have ramifications other than this.