Clipboard history pastes wrong entry

Often, but not every time that I paste from the clipboard history, it doesn't paste the top entry, but the second entry. This usually happens right after I've copied something into the clipboard. I can see in the listing of clipboards that the data I want is the top entry, but when I paste (by hitting return) I get the second entry. If I paste again, I get the correct one. I can get it to happen consistently if I paste after running a particular Textexpander snippet.

Here's what happens in that case: I copy a URL and some other text from Amazon in Safari in several slots in the clipboard history. On my WordPress site, I run a snippet to create an HTML URL which leaves the cursor at the place to paste in the URL. I open the history, make sure the URL is the top entry, hit return, and it pastes a different entry (the second one). Then I open the history again, see the top entry is still the one I want, hit enter, and it pastes it correctly.

It doesn't always happen after a TextExpander snippet or in Safari or with URLs, that's just the example I know I can reproduce consistently.

This has been happening for a long, long time over multiple operating system and Alfred versions. I don't know why I'm only just reporting it now.

I'm on a Mac studio running Ventura 13.4 ad Alfred 5.1.1 [2138]

@Domenico Bettinelli Could you create a new user account on your Mac with a minimum number of apps running and browser plugins enabled to see whether you can replicate it there? This would help narrow down the issue to work out what's happening on your Mac. 

This hasn't been reported by others, so it's likely an interference from another plugin or app you're running that may be manipulating the clipboard at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...