Alfred newbie

Hello. I have some questions.

1- Conversions are very important for me. I noticed Alfred is not doing that? currency and sizes. Am I missing something?

02.jpg.7552cc10cb349e5eca7504aeb6d15be3.jpg

2-Can we have the full definition of the word in the results instead of having multiple word options. Currently when I click the word it opens Dictionary just to read the definition

03.jpg.04dcec66b1cd0e50aaa3162a68497309.jpg

3-I do not know why alfred can't find .dmg files01.jpg.6af4211a6ce4d045e0a49e69ad76a952.jpg

4-Is there any way I can add a Q&A ai bot in alfred such I would ask a question in the search field and get answer in the results field below? Perplexity.ai plugin or phind?

5-Is there any privacy of security concerns to download workflows from other people online?

Edited by Skipper
On 6/4/2023 at 1:52 AM, vitor said:

Welcome @Skipper,

You can use workflows for conversions, such as Calculate Anything. Same for the dictionary and ChatGPT.

For finding files you have to type open or press the spacebar (see help).

Most workflows use scripting languages so you can verify their contents yourself. The community in general is quite attentive and the workflows in the Gallery receive yet another round of review.

Hello, thanks

-Calculate anything is what I am looking for

-The dictionary and ChatGPT still does give the annoying 1 line answer I was hoping for something closer to this

02.jpg.83108ad1bc5b60be6932b397c9459c31.jpg

out of curiosity, why when directly searching I get documents+apps results but if I hit "space" or type "open" I get more results like the .dmg file in my example?

The dictionary workflow does give you a longer explanation with the Quick Look functionality (explained in the post) and the ChatGPT workflow shows you Large Type.

5 hours ago, Skipper said:

out of curiosity, why when directly searching

So your results don’t get overwhelmed with irrelevant things when you e.g. want to run a workflow. You can add more stuff to the Default Results in the Alfred Preferences, though that’s the tradeoff.