Workflow to send emails to multiple people (including CC) in your contact book

Yaah!!!! It works. It lists out the names of say Peter or John etc, you move your cursor to say Peter’s work email, hit tab and it puts his work email ID in Alfred, then comma, now say Keith, cursor to Keith tab and his email ID is in Alfred. Just keep going with this to you have all the email Ids in Alfred and then enter and it opens an email with all the addresses populated in a new mail window.

Kerry

pmacmillan@example.com,keithfleming@example.com,SDeeth@example.com,Jon@example.com,

In Alfred you get as so:

screen-shot-2013-04-30-at-7-23-09-pm.png

Kerry

Edited by kerrydawson

Wooot! I love it when things work. Thanks for being patient and forcing me to learn applescript basics

Try the "cc" option too (hit the / key)  :)

Yaah!!!! It works. It lists out the names of say Peter or John etc, you move your cursor to say Peter’s work email, hit tab and it puts his work email ID in Alfred, then comma, now say Keith, cursor to Keith tab and his email ID is in Alfred. Just keep going with this to you have all the email Ids in Alfred and then enter and it opens an email with all the addresses populated in a new mail window.

Kerry

(edited for privacy) pmacm...@....,keithfl...@.....,SD...h@....com,Jon@v....t.com,

In Alfred you get as so:

screen-shot-2013-04-30-at-7-23-09-pm.png

Kerry

Edited by arjunrc

Yes, though I rename the files each time with a version number, so best to delete the old one

It actually came up with a dialogue and said do you want to replace the existing workflow and i said yes. So you could delete as that takes no time or you could just replace it. 

Indeed. The only caveat is that the 'search' is not as fast as before, so I had to put in the 4 character limit before I begin searching  :)

BTW several of your posts above list emails of your contacts - in an open forum such as this, they may be picked up for spamming. You may want to consider editing them to remove the emails (or at least, the domains or something). Up to you.

Edited by arjunrc

Oh yeah. Thanks for the tip. If those guys get spammed I guess I could say well isn’t the damnedest. That damn internet. I could change to @example.com etc. I think it needs to be there so people see what will happen.

I’ll go and edit it.

Thanks

Kerry

Some folks wanted me to add an option to send emails via Gmail (web based). Please download the new version (see first post)

You now can either use 'memail' for default email client or 'memailg' for using web based gmail if its not set as your default client. Enjoy.

Hey,

So did you want me to test that on my Gmail account. I don’t use it anymore as my primary email but I get lots of email on Gmail still. I don’t have it configured in my mail.app but rather this menubar applet Mailtabs Pro to access Gmail. I can test it for you if you’d like. 

You’re sure being kept busy by this one :)

Kerry

No, thats fine, thanks - its just a small addition. I am sure folks who asked for it will chime in if it did/not work.

Yes, I'm on a roll - its fun to code once in a while, even if its small stuff like this. Keeps the juices flowing.

Great.

So that’s cool about keeping the juices flowing. Are you a programmer or were???? I’m not a programmer as you tell but I’ve worked in IT for all of my career since university (degrees in Psychology if you can believe it) doing R&D, consulting and now I’m just focusing on writing and some consulting but home based (no more meetings please LOL!). 

Kerry

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Long time no talk. I was using the app and one of my friends wasn't coming and I thought that was strange. So I checked my address book and the contact was gone. I don’t know why. However, the app actually caught an error that I made in my main system.