In many workflows that I've downloaded, I've found that much of the metadata isn't included. It's fairly simple to write the few sentences that make the workflows more meaningful, but the most important one that I've seen is the bundleid, which is often left blank. While not absolutely necessary for the workflow to function on its own, the metadata can help other workflows that interact with the installed workflows in Alfred.

Also, it does really help to fill in the website data. If you aren't using github or another page that has more information and lists some other workflows, then it might be best just to link to the forum post in which you release the workflow.

Also, this request might just come out of a bit of OCD that I have. 

In many workflows that I've downloaded, I've found that much of the metadata isn't included. It's fairly simple to write the few sentences that make the workflows more meaningful, but the most important one that I've seen is the bundleid, which is often left blank. While not absolutely necessary for the workflow to function on its own, the metadata can help other workflows that interact with the installed workflows in Alfred.

Also, it does really help to fill in the website data. If you aren't using github or another page that has more information and lists some other workflows, then it might be best just to link to the forum post in which you release the workflow.

Also, this request might just come out of a bit of OCD that I have. 

The bundle id isn't required to make the workflow function, but it's helpful in updating the workflow. That bundle id is used to identify the workflow so Alfred knows which to update.

I'm still a little confused by what the bundle id is. 

I've looked at half a dozen workflows, but I don't see consistency in naming conventions. Is there a page that further explains what should and shouldn't be placed in the bundle id? 

I'm still a little confused by what the bundle id is. 

I've looked at half a dozen workflows, but I don't see consistency in naming conventions. Is there a page that further explains what should and shouldn't be placed in the bundle id? 

It doesn't have to be something specific or follow a specific format, it just needs to be a string that can uniquely identify the workflow.