Sign in to follow this  
Vatican

[Request] Workflow for Changing Sound Output

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me write a workflow for changing the sound output in the preference pane using Alfred. I have a setup where I often switch between output through my headphones and output through Soundflower, and opening up the pref pane and changing it manually is a hassle after a while. I don't know any Applescript but if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!  :lol:

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me write a workflow for changing the sound output in the preference pane using Alfred. I have a setup where I often switch between output through my headphones and output through Soundflower, and opening up the pref pane and changing it manually is a hassle after a while. I don't know any Applescript but if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!  :lol:

I don't remember where I found it but try this: http://cloud.dferg.us/2A7l

Obviously not my work, credit belong to the original workflow author

This works great, but I'm still running into issue with the default soundflower settings after it's been selected. I need to also select "HDMI" for soundflower (2ch), and then adjust the output channels 1 & 2 to full volume (for some reason they default to some funky volume settings - like channel 1 will be set to 0 and channel 2 to .5 - it's very unpredictable sometimes). Is this something that can be doen using alfred workflows, or do I need to find some sort of macro solution?