Case Converter (including Title Case) - now working on MacOS 12.3

On 6/13/2019 at 11:57 PM, xilopaint said:

Because we are so prolific at development that a LaunchBar user chooses the Alfred Forum to request a LB plugin.

Now that you mention it, I think the LaunchBar forums were made read-only a few months ago, so I guess you can't ask there… Sorry, @Ptujec! I suppose this currently is as good a place as any to ask.

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, Ptujec said:

I know this is for Alfred. But is there any chance someone could make an Aktion like that for LaunchBar. Pretty please. And please don't hate me for using LaunchBar. 

Hi,

You don't need a workfow for such tasks in Launchbar. Launchbar has a pretty good system integration, so the only thing you need is a system service for text manipulation, as described here: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/MacAutomationScriptingGuide/ManipulateText.html

Here is a bigger collection but you will also find other if you google. After you install such a service, you can call it directly from LB.

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

First thanks for the great workflow. 

I've noticed an anomaly in its behavior with Microsoft Office apps (in Excel in particular is a bummer as that's where it's most useful). It's adding a backlash before any parenthesis (at least that's the only one I've identified, it doesn't touch { nor [ ).

I'm adding a screenshot of the text in Excel (blue background, ordinary spaces, no line returns), and of the resulting text in Case Converter. 

Any idea? 

Thanks a lot!

In CC.png

In Excel.png

• 6 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 12:05 PM, deanishe said:

It certainly works with Cyrillic. Have you downloaded the correct version of the workflow?

Thanks a lot. I just assumed that the version on GitHub would be the latest. It wasn't. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/28/2014 at 2:31 PM, dfay said:

@patrickmcd I'll do this in a separate workflow

@dfay did you end up releasing a fuller featured Case Converter with those additional options? I'd be interested in it. 

FWIW, I also cleaned up your workflow (download) a little bit to offer some synonyms (I would forget about the `cc` keyword) and also added notes to the scripts to make it easier to associate my preferred hotkeys:

image.thumb.png.3b3fe640eea15885bf6fbd78cc00124f.png

On 8/30/2020 at 12:05 PM, deanishe said:

It certainly works with Cyrillic. Have you downloaded the correct version of the workflow?

It does work with non-Latin characters from Alfred using 'cc' keyword. But for me, it doesn't work from text selection using hotkeys. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

20210531_141414.gif

17 minutes ago, dfay said:

Have you set values for the hotkey triggers? Alfred clears them on import to avoid unintended conflicts.

Yes, and it works fine for non-Latin characters. I've been using this workflow with keyboard shortcuts for about a year. But for non-Latin characters, this never worked for me.

20210531_155217.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For people already on the Monterey beta, if you’ve followed the knowledge base article to reinstall Python 2, this version should work. It modifies the Workflow just enough for it to work with the newly installed Python 2.

@dfay may be interested in updating this for Python 3 or another language, so consider the above a stop gap if you’re in a hurry. If the Workflow has any kind of auto-update, the linked modified version will respect it.

So I've been playing around with the idea of writing v.3 entirely calling Shortcuts - i'd already built something largely equivalent for use on my iPad anyway.  All the individual actions are working but they insert an additional blank line.  The bigger problem is that Shortcuts Events isn't up to the task of running Shortcuts quickly enough to work in a script filter....

• dfay changed the title to Case Converter (including Title Case) - now working on MacOS 12.3
On 3/27/2022 at 12:39 PM, Chris Messina said:

Could you share what he did so I might able to apply those techniques to other similar issues I encounter? :) 

Sure.

I put it in a gist so you can view the changes easily.  Mostly it involved breaking its dependence on @deanishe's Python workflow framework.

https://gist.github.com/derickfay/4b46ebc69e4bd9d85817ffd6a6885dd6/revisions