how to get alfred to refresh contacts ?

Hi,

I've changed a good deal of my contacts and now after 24+ hours alfred is still showing stale contacts data.

Both cobook and contacts app shows the new data.

How do I get Alfred to clean its cache ? (restart does not work)

Alfred doesn't cache contact data, he queries the OS X Address Book API directly so any updates should be reflected immediately.

Are you looking for contacts just in Alfred's default results or with a workflow?

Alfred doesn't cache contact data, he queries the OS X Address Book API directly so any updates should be reflected immediately.

Are you looking for contacts just in Alfred's default results or with a workflow?

Default results afaik ( I just type name of contact and press enter)

And it results is definitely  not what Contacts.app and Cobook shows.

When I press Cmd+O to try open in Contacts.app directly from Alfred nothing happens. I would have expected it to open the contact in Contacts.app.

Default results afaik ( I just type name of contact and press enter)

And it results is definitely  not what Contacts.app and Cobook shows.

When I press Cmd+O to try open in Contacts.app directly from Alfred nothing happens. I would have expected it to open the contact in Contacts.app.

The cmd+o thing may be broken by cobook - take a look at the last reply in this thread:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1162-cant-open-contacts-with-cobbok-default-contacts-app/

To check if it's a profile / possible cobook issue, could you please create a new user account on your Mac without cobook, switch to that user and add a user there to see what Alfred sees. Then edit a user to see if that user is updated as expected. This is the behaviour I currently see.

The cmd+o thing may be broken by cobook - take a look at the last reply in this thread:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1162-cant-open-contacts-with-cobbok-default-contacts-app/

To check if it's a profile / possible cobook issue, could you please create a new user account on your Mac without cobook, switch to that user and add a user there to see what Alfred sees. Then edit a user to see if that user is updated as expected. This is the behaviour I currently see.

I found the cause.

I made Contacts.app the default contacts app and noticed that the content matched here - turned out I have multiple contacts under the same name, one where it is fixed and another where it wasn't.

It would be nice if Alfred would let you know there are two identical ones instead of as it does now show the second match much much further down the list :)