calculator version 4.5.3 question

I would like to make a workflow that

1. opens the calculator app (this I can do)

2. and then uses the calculator command [command T] to open the tape window. (I have no idea how to link the {command T] to part one.)

Perhaps I need some kind of script??

Thanks.

I would like to make a workflow that

1. opens the calculator app (this I can do)

2. and then uses the calculator command [command T] to open the tape window. (I have no idea how to link the {command T] to part one.)

Perhaps I need some kind of script??

Thanks.

Voila!

tell application "Calculator"
	activate
end tell

tell application "System Events" to tell process "Calculator" to click menu item "Show Paper Tape" of menu "Window" of menu bar 1

I am lost. I have a keyword balloon (ocalc) connected to a run script balloon with Afred Guru's script pasted in. 

When I type ocalc, nothing happens. 

also, I have no idea what all the escape buttons are for, or which language to use when I set up the script

Just make a script filter. Give it a keyword, and set to NO argument. Then, paste the script above into the script area, and make sure the language is set to osascript.

Then, when you type your keyword, as SOON as you finish typing it, the cal opens up.

Just make a script filter. Give it a keyword, and set to NO argument. Then, paste the script above into the script area, and make sure the language is set to osascript.

Then, when you type your keyword, as SOON as you finish typing it, the cal opens up.

This works but is actually incorrect. A script filter wouldnt be needed for this. A script filter is used in place of a keyword if you need to generate your own feedback options for Alfred. That isn't the case here so, a simple keyword would have been the better option instead of a script filter.

This works but is actually incorrect. A script filter wouldnt be needed for this. A script filter is used in place of a keyword if you need to generate your own feedback options for Alfred. That isn't the case here so, a simple keyword would have been the better option instead of a script filter.

LOL, what would be really cool is if the Alfred support site were...ahem...updated :)

But seriously ... it IS nice that there are at least posts in the forum to correct some users' confusion on what each feature is for in Alfred.

i do not understand what Alfred Guru is recommending. I do not mean to take advantage of your precious time, but could you be more specific as to what process you are recommending? I understand the key word concept, but what specific workflow does one use?

RodgerWW's solution did work.

What the Guru recommends, is, New workflow, essentials, keyword to script. The left side is the keyword, and on the right the script. So, for the script side, you would paste the code mentioned above, again, setting the language to osascript. This makes sense to me now from what the Guru stated. The only issue I have with it is that even when the keyword has the argument set to none, the script doesn't immediately run ... I have to press return to run it.