Trying to find Workflow to append/prepend to txt file

I've started using Drafts on iOS more and more to append & prepend to txt files that I use regularly. I'd like to use Alfred to accomplish similar things on OS X. The problem is I'm completely lost when it comes to the coding part of creating workflows and I haven't been able to find a workflow created by someone else to accomplish what I want. So I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

The developer of Drafts posted a blog post to mimic the default append functionality that Drafts has had for a while, the Journal file. However, the format isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I've attempted to edit that workflow to suit my needs, but like I said, I'm lost when it comes to that stuff. Every time I try to edit it, it breaks.

What I'm looking for is as follows:

- One workflow that will append just a line of text, no timestamp. 

- One that will append with MM/DD - [Line of Text Here]. (This isn't as important because I can accomplish it with TextExpander if I have the previous workflow)

- One that will prepend with something like this:

YYYY-MM-DD

[Text]

---

Any help would be appreciated. Be it pointing me in the direction of learning this stuff, so I can do it myself... or someone being nice enough to create the workflows. 

And while I'm here, a huge thanks to the Alfred Team and all the member of the community for creating such great productivity tools!

I've started using Drafts on iOS more and more to append & prepend to txt files that I use regularly. I'd like to use Alfred to accomplish similar things on OS X. The problem is I'm completely lost when it comes to the coding part of creating workflows and I haven't been able to find a workflow created by someone else to accomplish what I want. So I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

The developer of Drafts posted a blog post to mimic the default append functionality that Drafts has had for a while, the Journal file. However, the format isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I've attempted to edit that workflow to suit my needs, but like I said, I'm lost when it comes to that stuff. Every time I try to edit it, it breaks.

What I'm looking for is as follows:

- One workflow that will append just a line of text, no timestamp. 

- One that will append with MM/DD - [Line of Text Here]. (This isn't as important because I can accomplish it with TextExpander if I have the previous workflow)

- One that will prepend with something like this:

YYYY-MM-DD

[Text]

---

Any help would be appreciated. Be it pointing me in the direction of learning this stuff, so I can do it myself... or someone being nice enough to create the workflows. 

And while I'm here, a huge thanks to the Alfred Team and all the member of the community for creating such great productivity tools!

I just helped someone with a workflow that does exactly this over the weekend, take a look here for an example of how its done or potentially just a workflow that you could use

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2230-new-to-scripting-shell-script-issue/