DJ Pedro - iTunes playlist based on Last.fm similar artists

@smirky

Concerning the ability to name the playlist "%current_artist% Playlist": This would be highly desirable for me. I also like your idea of saving the playlists inside a "Pedro Playlists" folder. If you chose to add this function to the general Pedro release perhaps you could toggle it via the prefs for users that find it useful. Alternatively you could possibly release an alternate version of Pedro that does this.

Concerning the error: Currently v.3.3.2 is the newest version for Alfred and 1.5.01 is the newest version of Pedro. I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading a fresh copy of the workflow but it still fails. This issue has been happening to me for a few months so I cant remember if a specific update to the OS, ITunes or Alfred itself may have triggered the error to begin.

Edited by Codec
21 hours ago, Codec said:

@smirky

Thanks for this info! It looks like an update I pushed back in September 2016 never made it to the Packal updater system - no idea why, but it's there now (link here). When you have time, please download this new version v1.5.02. My revision notes indicate it corrected an issue in iTunes following changes in how the 'song' variable works. My guess is this should help solve your problem. Please let me know if it does or doesn't; I'll be around later this weekend to try and help if more is needed. If it still gives you trouble, try updating to the newest Alfred - they pushed out v3.4 just a couple days ago.

I'm working on cleaning up the workflow a bit and will incorporate the save function into that update. My guess is it will be within a week or so. Thanks for your input on this, I didn't think anyone but me would like that feature. :-)

6 minutes ago, Codec said:

Works perfectly now! Thanks. Keep kicking ass!

PS - Check your PM's

Great! Thanks for letting me know it wasn't working - I had zero idea that the updated version never made it to Packal. I was moving at the time and suspect I just totally forgot... :-/

Just pushed an update to DJ Pedro (v.1.6.01) that includes the brand new Save Playlist feature. This can be triggered manually on a created playlist via keyword or, if you feel adventurous, it will auto-create every time DJ Pedro makes you a new playlist (enable this in the prefs window).

Ideas for changes, improvements, etc., are welcome. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

@smirky (Using alfred v3.4.1 & DJ pedro workflow v1.6.01) I am noticing some weird behavior with the preference variables since this latest version. At first I thought it was just an error with setting the new "auto save" option (yes/no) but it seems to affect the other preference variables as well. Refer to this screen capture I did of the issue: 

Shoot, thanks for letting me know about this!

I'm pretty sure it has to do with how fast Alfred updates itself after you type a key but before actioning the given preference selection. I thought I had fixed it but looks like I need to tweak a little bit more.

I'll give this a deeper dive tomorrow evening or definitely this weekend.

Just downloaded and installed v1.6.02.

Most of the variables seem to be saving properly now. On my machine here is a slight UI delay before you can input the preference variable - this is likely intended and is completely reasonable. However, it does seem that certain preferences that are enabled/disabled with "yes" or "no" are still not working. For example, when setting the "display suggested artists" or the "Auto save" preference you can type "no". The popup will say "Preference changed: oops, please enter yes or no" and the setting does not change. Luckily I want both of these enabled anyway. :-)

One thing of note: If you choose to have the playlist saved to a folder make sure the folder is already created in iTunes. If the folder does not exist Pedro creates a blank copy of the playlist in the root of the library.

• 3 months later...