Image Dimensions Workflow

Sridhar: SOMETIMES get info does not show all the data when using the inspector. Half the time my video and image files simply show nothing for dimensions. I've always had this issue with OSX, since Snow Leopard. Reindexing the metadata sometimes helps, but only for a little while, and then my Inspector goes back to not showing metadata again. So ... perhaps a workflow might be nice!

dntz: You COULD set your finder settings to show more info. In a finder window right click, then select "Show View Options" and in the box that pops up select "Show Item Info" ... save as default at the bottom. Then, every image will have the dimensions listed right under the filename (in icon view). I have resorted to this because of the aforementioned bug in finder.

Edited by RodgerWW

Thanks for the replies guys.

Give this one a try.  :)

Can you explain how to use this workflow Marko? I've selected a file within finder then actioned Alfred and typed 'dim' with no results so far. Should i be doing something differently? Does the file need to be located within Alfred? Appreciate the assistance!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Can you explain how to use this workflow Marko? I've selected a file within finder then actioned Alfred and typed 'dim' with no results so far. Should i be doing something differently? Does the file need to be located within Alfred? Appreciate the assistance!

It is currently configured to be used as an Alfred File Action. I can add Finder support this evening.

Neat. Just a couple suggestions. Perhaps some might find it useful to be able to copy the path of the image, or, the filename itself? Perhaps a modifier added so when a person hits CTRL+ENTER, copies path to the clipboard? Something like that. Personally do not care for width and height on separate lines, but I can change that myself ... and I understand that it may be desirable to have them separate.

Here we go. The following actions are available on the file:

• ENTER: Copy file path (incl. filename) to clipboard
  • ALT+ENTER: Copy filename to clipboard
  • CMD+ENTER: Copy the file itself to clipboard

Download

I'll add Alleyoop support and move the workflow to GitHub this evening or tomorrow.

Edited by _mk_

Here we go. The following actions are available on the file:

• ENTER: Copy file path (incl. filename) to clipboard
  • ALT+ENTER: Copy filename to clipboard
  • CMD+ENTER: Copy the file itself to clipboard

Download

I'll add Alleyoop support and move the workflow to GitHub this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for this, going to be using this workflow regularly. Could the width and height themselves be actionable and copied to the clipboard?

Edited by dntz