jakemauer

System info:

OSX 10.8.3

Alfred 2.0.3(187)

Reproducable: Yes

Steps to reproduce:

1. Duplicate a theme, naming it
  2. Keep it selected.
  3. Close Alfred Preferences through cmd+Q or clicking the red x.
  4. Use Alfred hotkey to bring up Alfred window.
  5. Press cmd+p to bring up Alfred Preferences which should start on the Appearances panel.
  6. All custom/imported themes are gone leaving only the defaults of which the first is now selected. 

Additionally my Appearance Options were:

[x] Hide hat on Alfred window

[x] Hide prefs cog 

[  ] Hide result subtext

[  ] Hide result shortcuts

[x] Hide menu bar icon

They now are all deselected, but continue to behave as if they were selected as above. 

System info:

OSX 10.8.3

Alfred 2.0.3(187)

Reproducable: Yes

Steps to reproduce:

1. Duplicate a theme, naming it
  2. Keep it selected.
  3. Close Alfred Preferences through cmd+Q or clicking the red x.
  4. Use Alfred hotkey to bring up Alfred window.
  5. Press cmd+p to bring up Alfred Preferences which should start on the Appearances panel.
  6. All custom/imported themes are gone leaving only the defaults of which the first is now selected. 

Additionally my Appearance Options were:

[x] Hide hat on Alfred window

[x] Hide prefs cog 

[  ] Hide result subtext

[  ] Hide result shortcuts

[x] Hide menu bar icon

They now are all deselected, but continue to behave as if they were selected as above. 

This could potentially be some form of permissions issue. A result of Alfred not being able to write to the directory or file that the appearance settings are stored in. Could you try repairing permissions on the drive? This option is available inside of Disk Utility.

Repairing permissions seemed to find issues in areas you would expect would make a difference, but Alfred continues to exhibit the same behavior, even after quitting and reopening. 

If you have syncing setup, there could be an issue outside of Alfred's control (e.g. sync clash). If so, could you try setting your sync folder to a local folder e.g. Documents.

• 1 month later...

I am having a very similar error. I have two machines, each of which syncs Alfred preferences to dropbox. One machine does not loose custom theme information when preferences is opened, the other does. I have tried turning one machine off and the issue still persists.

I am having a very similar error. I have two machines, each of which syncs Alfred preferences to dropbox. One machine does not loose custom theme information when preferences is opened, the other does. I have tried turning one machine off and the issue still persists.

There could be some dropbox clashing going on - could you try syncing to a different Dropbox folder just to 'start fresh'?

• 4 months later...

same issue here. on one machine the theme is "forgotten" instantly. Just import the theme, close the option window - theme is shown when displaying alfred.

Open the options again - theme is gone, default theme shown.

Don't know what could cause this, but dropbox is used for syncing.

same issue here. on one machine the theme is "forgotten" instantly. Just import the theme, close the option window - theme is shown when displaying alfred.

Open the options again - theme is gone, default theme shown.

Don't know what could cause this, but dropbox is used for syncing.

Could you first please try repairing disk permissions in OS X's Disk Utility.app, and then try a different sync folder, possibly outside of Dropbox for a bit (e.g. ~/Documents/)? If this works, then fully delete the Alfred preferences which have been left in Dropbox, wait for it to sync and put back again.

Cheers,

Andrew