1Password Disturbance

So I absolutely love Alfred.  Its has been the greatest Spotlight replacement ever.

Today I bought the Powerpack.

One thing thats a little disturbing to me is Alfreds Ability to see all my passwords in 1password without providing the master password at all.  How is this possible?  I have not even opened 1password in a week.

So I absolutely love Alfred.  Its has been the greatest Spotlight replacement ever.

Today I bought the Powerpack.

One thing thats a little disturbing to me is Alfreds Ability to see all my passwords in 1password without providing the master password at all.  How is this possible?  I have not even opened 1password in a week.

Alfred simply loads the list of unencrypted site names from your 1Password keychain (as used by both 1Password and 1Password's browser plugin). This information is there to allow for integrations such as Alfred's.

Alfred doesn't have access to any other data, passwords, or even go anywhere near the encrypted parts of 1Password. He simply crafts 1Password 1 Click Bookmark links and passes them off to the browser when you launch them, the 1Password browser plugin takes it from there (with 1Password asking for your password if necessary).

Hope that clears things up :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Alfred simply loads the list of unencrypted site names from your 1Password keychain (as used by both 1Password and 1Password's browser plugin). This information is there to allow for integrations such as Alfred's.

Alfred doesn't have access to any other data, passwords, or even go anywhere near the encrypted parts of 1Password. He simply crafts 1Password 1 Click Bookmark links and passes them off to the browser when you launch them, the 1Password browser plugin takes it from there (with 1Password asking for your password if necessary).

Hope that clears things up :)

Cheers,

Andrew

It does, thanks.  I didn't know there was any unecrypted data.  Still a bit uneasy about that.