Workflows not functioning as expected

I have a problem with a couple of workflows I downloaded from here. At first I assumed it was the workflow that was at fault but the same issue occurs with others so I am assuming it must be a setting on my machine at fault. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried using the DEVONthink file search, the keyword is 'devon'. I enter the keyword and the file search appears as option 4, I type a space to enter the search term followed by the first letter of the search term, 'h' for example, at this point Alfred offers to search Google for 'devon h'

I had a similar problem with Top and Kill, typing the keyword 'top' offers a list of apps that match 'top' instead of listing the running apps using most CPU. I changed the keyword to '.top' and it works fine.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I have done wrong?

Cheers

Hi

no errors in console that I can see

Cheers

I've created a workflow for troubleshooting. It's a basic workflow that provides keywords to run a simple command in each language (bash, osascript, php, ruby, python, perl) and it outputs a date to a notification.

Download

Could you download/install it and confirm that you receive the correct output. This will hopefully help us eliminate the possibility of something being messed up with the default language installations. Could you try the scripts and let me know if you received an appropriate notification with a date as the content of the notifications?

Hi

Yes, all keywords gave the date as output, some in different formats and some with a time too, but all gave an output.

Cheers

You mentioned issues with the top and kill workflows. You said you were able to get the Top workflow to work by changing the keyword. It was probably running before but the results were probably just mixed in with the regular search results. I would think that, changing the keyword didn't "fix" it, it just eliminated there being any other search results showing up as well. Were you able to get the Kill workflow working correctly?

Which DEVONthink workflow were you trying? Could you provide a link to a post where it was shared?

Hi

The Top and Kill workflow is one workflow, the Kill part worked OK, the Top part doesn't work with the 'top' keyword, there are nine results listed none of them show the CPU usage. With the '.top' keyword used I get nine results showing CPU and memory usage.

The DEVONthink workflow is here http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2265-devonthink-document-search/

Thanks

The DEVONthink workflow is a filter. I would think that it should work unless you have a different version of DEVONthink than what it was designed for or, your DEVONthink database is somewhere that isn't normally searched. Marko, the developer of the workflow may be able to assist you with it.