Get the user's setting for 'default notification' while within a workflow?

Is there a way to access the user's setting for default notifications (Growl or Notification Center) while executing script in a workflow? (I use applescript, if that helps...)

I know there are workarounds I could use to output to the default notification setting, but it got me thinking if it was possible anyway.

Thanks!

Is there a way to access the user's setting for default notifications (Growl or Notification Center) while executing script in a workflow? (I use applescript, if that helps...)

I know there are workarounds I could use to output to the default notification setting, but it got me thinking if it was possible anyway.

Thanks!

It CAN be done. It would require reading the info.plist file within the workflow's folder. You would have to search for an item with a type = alfred.workflow.output.notification. From there, you would check the output value. I believe that a notification would be equal to 0, and growl would equal 1.

It CAN be done. It would require reading the info.plist file within the workflow's folder. You would have to search for an item with a type = alfred.workflow.output.notification. From there, you would check the output value. I believe that a notification would be equal to 0, and growl would equal 1.

Wow. Can't believe I didn't think of that already.

Thanks for the tip Dave!