Script filter with argument required is not working

I'm trying to create a workflow where its input is a Script Filter and a required argument.

When trying to use the workflow, as soon as I try to enter to argument, a web search workflow is triggered and the original workflow is ignored:

alfred-1.png

alfred-2.png

alfred-3.png

I'm trying to create a workflow where its input is a Script Filter and a required argument.

When trying to use the workflow, as soon as I try to enter to argument, a web search workflow is triggered and the original workflow is ignored:

alfred-1.png

alfred-2.png

alfred-3.png

'Hello' is not a valid return value. For Alfred to understand the feedback, you must put it into XML format. See this post for details.

Cheers :)

alfred-1.png

alfred-2.png

alfred-3.png

'Hello' is not a valid return value. For Alfred to understand the feedback, you must put it into XML format. See this post for details.

Cheers :)

To expand on what Tyler said a bit, script filters are used to take input (or just run a script) and generate XML that is shown as results in the main Alfred result list. These would appear identically to how you would see any other search result in Alfred. If that is what you are looking to do then, just as Tyler suggested, check out the linked post to see the XML format for generating results. Also, depending on the language that you would be creating the script in, check out this post that may provide a library for quickly and easily creating the XML feedback and performing many other tasks.

Since this isn't an actual bug, I'm going to move this thread over to the Help forum.

Thanks