Uni Call [v6.031]: The missing universal audio, video call and text workflow for Alfred

Found this App.. "Dialogue" in App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/dialogue/id668273079?mt=12

Here's the article http://goo.gl/ml2AnQ

Wondering if you can do something with Uni Call like you did with Phone Amego. :)

>> Please ignore this post << ;)  Dialogue App is crap. I asked for a credit advice for my purchase at Apple.

You don't have to jump on the bandwagon.

Edited by DJay

Wondering if you can do something with Uni Call like you did with Phone Amego. :)

>> Please ignore this post << ;)  Dialogue App is crap. I asked for a credit advice for my purchase at Apple.

Hey, DJay. It's been awhile. LOL. The Dialogue looks good. At least, its UI is better than Phone Amego. Again, I couldn't find any API stated on his website. So I sent him an email:

Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:05:28 +1000

To: support@zebraa.nl

Mime-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 6.5 \(1508\))

Hi,

I am the author of Uni Call (http://guiguan.github.io/Uni-Call/), an =

Alfred workflow to integrate those phone call apps with Alfred. Several =

of my users asked me to support your Dialogue as well. Because, =

apparently, they liked your app as well as mine :) However, I couldn't =

find any documentation about the API. Could you please give me some =

suggestion of how to call the function of your app externally? Does your =

app support a URL scheme?

PS: I bought a copy of your app too. I think your interface is better =

than Phone Amego :P

Cheers,

Guan=

Just read that Viber is available for Mac OS. Maybe you like to include it if possible?

A little update of adding Viber support:

General Information     Ticket ID #UVE-843-83364 Full Name Guan Gui Email  

Subject: API support     Hi,

I am wondering whether your Viber app for Mac can provide a public api for third party developers, such as a simple URL scheme support, so that other apps can integrate with Viber more seamlessly. I have written a little open source project called Uni Call (http://guiguan.github.io/Uni-Call/), an Alfred workflow to integrate those phone call apps with Alfred app. I have already added support for dozen of apps. I am looking forward to adding your Viber support too.

Cheers,

Guan

Hey, DJay. It's been awhile. LOL. The Dialogue looks good. At least, its UI is better than Phone Amego. Again, I couldn't find any API stated on his website. So I sent him an email:

Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:05:28 +1000

To: support@zebraa.nl

Mime-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 6.5 \(1508\))

Hi,

I am the author of Uni Call (http://guiguan.github.io/Uni-Call/), an =

Alfred workflow to integrate those phone call apps with Alfred. Several =

of my users asked me to support your Dialogue as well. Because, =

apparently, they liked your app as well as mine :) However, I couldn't =

find any documentation about the API. Could you please give me some =

suggestion of how to call the function of your app externally? Does your =

app support a URL scheme?

PS: I bought a copy of your app too. I think your interface is better =

than Phone Amego :P

Cheers,

Guan=

Got a fast response from the author:

Thanks for your compliments. Our goal was to create an app that's simple to use. We don't support URL schemes yet, but because much of our users requested to let other apps collaborate with Dialogue, we will in the near future. I will get back to you before we send Apple the update, so you can implement it in your code.

Thanks,

Jelle

• 1 month later...

Thx Guan. I agree, Dialogue looks better than Phone Amego. But unfortunately I'm not happy with it. Also you can see the Feedback in the App Store is not that good. Maybe I'll give it a second try later and good to know it works with your workflow that I won't miss.

But at the moment and for my work and business using two iPhones, Phone Amego is the best for me.

Thx Guan. I agree, Dialogue looks better than Phone Amego. But unfortunately I'm not happy with it. Also you can see the Feedback in the App Store is not that good. Maybe I'll give it a second try later and good to know it works with your workflow that I won't miss.

But at the moment and for my work and business using two iPhones, Phone Amego is the best for me.

Apart from the UI and call recording function, I found the voice quality of making phone calls using Dialogue was also better than Phone Amego. I don't know why. Maybe it is just because my outdated Macbook bluetooth module and Dialogue supports the old hardware better. :P

However, the Dialogue's search function sucks. I can search for "Gui Guan" but when I change to "Guan Gui", no result is returned :( And this is exactly where my Uni Call workflow comes in to make it a better Dialogue. LOL

Also, unfortunately, Dialogue doesn't provide an API to control which phone to use.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

v5.31 (15/12/13)

• Changed Skype Call component to use the URL Scheme method which will be the only Skype API supported in the future Skype versions.

I noticed that when using Unicall to make a Skype call that an error pops up before the call completes that Unicall will stop working in December.  Is there a fix for this? Maybe I somehow have an older version?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I recently got access to the possibility to use VOIP. I installed Telephone on my OSX. On my machine I also had installed X-Lite as VOIP client.

Using the Unicall workflow I selected dialing with Telephone. Nothing happened in Telephone, but X-Lite kicked in and dialed out.

So my conclusion is that X-Lite somehow took over the sip: scheme and was the default app.

There are some utilities to set the default handler for sip:, but I did not exactly found out to do this the easiest way.

Just wanted to let you know, perhaps this is by design. In any case you can probably change your docs saying that the SIP dialer will use the application that is set the default app on OSX.

• 1 month later...

GrowlVoice appears to have been shut off in the past week or so because of a change in Google's backend. It's also been removed from the App Store and many people say that their existing apps stopped working.

Is there any plan to update this workflow to still work with GoogleVoice, but without the requirement of GrowlVoice (since that's now defunct)?

GrowlVoice appears to have been shut off in the past week or so because of a change in Google's backend. It's also been removed from the App Store and many people say that their existing apps stopped working.

Is there any plan to update this workflow to still work with GoogleVoice, but without the requirement of GrowlVoice (since that's now defunct)?

Yes, I am happy. Any GrowlVoice alternative suggestions?

I am not sure whether Google Voice has an API to call to. To be honest, I have never used Google Voice before, bcuz we don't have Google Voice service in AU :(

• 1 month later...

Hi Guigan,

Just started using Alfred and found your workflow. Looks good so far, but is there an easy way to add FaceTime Audio to it? I modified the Run Script action with this line:

"[CTFaceTimeAudio]"*)
		open "facetime:${query#'[CTFaceTimeAudio]'}?audio=yes";;

which gives me this:

2014-06-14_03.png

What else would I need to change to get this to work?

While I'm on this subject, what about removing options I don't use? I only need the Skype and FaceTime options really, so having a long list appear each time I invoke the "call TARGET" keywords is overkill really. Any help appreciated. Nice work on the workflow

Edited by GrumpyTrucker

Hi Guigan,

Just started using Alfred and found your workflow. Looks good so far, but is there an easy way to add FaceTime Audio to it? I modified the Run Script action with this line:

"[CTFaceTimeAudio]"*)
		open "facetime:${query#'[CTFaceTimeAudio]'}?audio=yes";;

which gives me this:

2014-06-14_03.png

What else would I need to change to get this to work?

While I'm on this subject, what about removing options I don't use? I only need the Skype and FaceTime options really, so having a long list appear each time I invoke the "call TARGET" keywords is overkill really. Any help appreciated. Nice work on the workflow

Hmm, you have to change my Objective-C code. I can release a new version to support this FaceTime audio.

To disable other unwanted call component, you can type "call --disable". For details, please refer to https://github.com/guiguan/Uni-Call#enabledisable-call-components

Hmm, you have to change my Objective-C code. I can release a new version to support this FaceTime audio.

To disable other unwanted call component, you can type "call --disable". For details, please refer to https://github.com/guiguan/Uni-Call#enabledisable-call-components

I had a feeling there'd be more to it than altering the two plist files as well, but it was worth asking. Didn't want to push more work on you to make a new version.

Thanks for the disabling hint, I'll have a look at that after coffee.  :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hope to see Uni Call Workflow working with OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 Handoff calls when it arrives. :)

A nice little tool for beta testers is at the moment "Continuity Keypad" http://bit.ly/1oNUrOp

Would be awesome to see this great workflow also working seamless with the new Yosemite feature.

Ya, sure. I will definitely consider that.

• 5 weeks later...

FYI GrowlVoice can be made to work again in less than a minute by following these instructions: https://github.com/szhu/fix-growlvoice.  I just did it and it works great with this workflow.

hey guiguan,

thanks for what seems like a great workflow!  i just haven't gotten it quite right yet.

1. i'm also getting double contacts as someone had mentioned in an earlier post.  i followed your instructions on deleting and reinstalling the workflow, but that didn't help.

one thing i noticed - when i first installed the workflow i had to manually disable every every component i didn't want.  after following your instructions on deleting and reinstalling, i didn't have to do that.  it kept my settings from the previous install.  so perhaps i didn't wipe out all the uni call settings when i removed?  i deleted the workflow, ran 'rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/net.guiguan.Uni-Call/' and emptied my trash.  (i didn't have an icon in the privacy settings to remove)

2. calling via growlvoice works when i use the 'call' keyword.  when i'm going through alfred contacts (with a 'growlvoice call' custom action on the phone field):

• the first digit gets truncated

• non numeric characters are escaped.  e.g. spaces become "\ " and a left parenthesis becomes "$\(".

thanks!

hey guiguan,

thanks for what seems like a great workflow!  i just haven't gotten it quite right yet.

1. i'm also getting double contacts as someone had mentioned in an earlier post.  i followed your instructions on deleting and reinstalling the workflow, but that didn't help.

one thing i noticed - when i first installed the workflow i had to manually disable every every component i didn't want.  after following your instructions on deleting and reinstalling, i didn't have to do that.  it kept my settings from the previous install.  so perhaps i didn't wipe out all the uni call settings when i removed?  i deleted the workflow, ran 'rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/net.guiguan.Uni-Call/' and emptied my trash.  (i didn't have an icon in the privacy settings to remove)

2. calling via growlvoice works when i use the 'call' keyword.  when i'm going through alfred contacts (with a 'growlvoice call' custom action on the phone field):

• the first digit gets truncated

• non numeric characters are escaped.  e.g. spaces become "\ " and a left parenthesis becomes "$\(".

thanks!

Hi manishie,

I suspect that the double contacts problem is caused by multiple contacts card for same person in your Apple Contact. If you open your Apple Contacts app and click "View->Show Groups", you can see all your accounts used in Contacts. Normally, all your contacts should be stored in your iCloud account. But sometimes, you could end up creating a new contact in all your accounts, and causing the duplication. Can you please check that?

Alfred contacts doesn't have the filter I wrote in my Uni Call workflow. That should be the cause of the second problem. I will look into it.

Cheers,

Guan

Guan, good guess on the contact duplication!  All of my contacts were duplicated.  One set on my local machine and one synchronized from Google.  I guess in Contacts it only showed them once, so I didn't realize that there were two sets.  I deleted the duplicate set on my local machine and now it's working as expected.

Any way to get texting via Growlvoice to work?  Maybe some inspiration from this guys attempt?  http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1511-request-send-text-via-growl-voice/

• 1 month later...