Uni Call [v6.031]: The missing universal audio, video call and text workflow for Alfred

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guiguan, I figured out what you need to do to get growlvoice texting to work and it's very simple.

open "growlvoice:${query}?text"

I tested this on the command line and it pulls up the growlvoice window in texting mode with the correct phone number:

open "growlvoice:123456?text"

If you could add that in, that would be great!

Thanks again for the great workflow.

mkm

Hey guiguan, I figured out what you need to do to get growlvoice texting to work and it's very simple.

open "growlvoice:${query}?text"

I tested this on the command line and it pulls up the growlvoice window in texting mode with the correct phone number:

open "growlvoice:123456?text"

If you could add that in, that would be great!

Thanks again for the great workflow.

mkm

hi mkm,

I am currently working on a new version. I will include this text feature for growlvoice.

cheers,

Guan

It would be nice if you could "call using your iphone" on yosemite. When you try to call via facetime it assumes it's a facetime call with video.

The new version will include both audio FaceTime and Yosemite iphone call, which is coming very soon!

From the first day I love your workflow and still using it avery day for work and privat with two iPhone's and the phone amego app.

Just want to say thanks again for your great work and the ongoing development. :)

That's all I need to know. :D Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guiguan,

Maybe you can help me. I have been using a very useful workflow to call numbers that are displayed on my iMac. (Calling them with the iPhone.) Workflow is called Dial with Pushdialer, by Martin Kopischke. 

Could you help me (with a workflow?) to call the numbers with a voip app on my iPhone? The free app (in the app store) is called Triiing and is issued by a Belgium telecom provider, Telenet. It is used to call with the iPhone using the Telenet data subscription. (Like Skype, but you don't have to buy extra credit, since i'm using mu paid Telenet subcription.)

Would be great. Thank you.

Regards,

Herman/Belgium

(I hope i'm clear:-).)

Hi Guiguan,

Maybe you can help me. I have been using a very useful workflow to call numbers that are displayed on my iMac. (Calling them with the iPhone.) Workflow is called Dial with Pushdialer, by Martin Kopischke. 

Could you help me (with a workflow?) to call the numbers with a voip app on my iPhone? The free app (in the app store) is called Triiing and is issued by a Belgium telecom provider, Telenet. It is used to call with the iPhone using the Telenet data subscription. (Like Skype, but you don't have to buy extra credit, since i'm using mu paid Telenet subcription.)

Would be great. Thank you.

Regards,

Herman/Belgium

(I hope i'm clear:-).)

Uni Call supports Pushdialer. Check this out: https://github.com/guiguan/Uni-Call#pushdialer-call

Regarding your Triiing app, does it have an API for developers? I couldn't find one from its official website. If no, I don't think that is possible.

-g

• 1 month later...

Quick issue: When trying to callh (Handoff Yosemite),

the call is initiated through Skype for some reason.

Might be due to some faulty system settings.

Does anyone know how and where to fix it?

I think your Skype app is taking over your FaceTime app as the default handler for the URL scheme "tel://". You need to change it back for FaceTime app to handle that URL scheme, so as to allow Yosemite iPhone continuity function properly. You can use a little utility called RCDefaultApp to do so.

I have added this issue to Uni Call's FAQ. You may want to check this out as well :)

Edited by guiguan
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, great workflow : )

I've got only one problem though: when I send a new (i)message with Uni Call, it's going to open a new message thread on the Messages app, starting with "New message with...." It's not possible to merge it with previous threads already existing?  

Hey, great workflow : )

I've got only one problem though: when I send a new (i)message with Uni Call, it's going to open a new message thread on the Messages app, starting with "New message with...." It's not possible to merge it with previous threads already existing?  

At the moment, using URL scheme, the only way to select the right target in Messages is to create a new thread, but after you actually send out a message, it will join existing conversation.

Hi Guan,

New to Mac and currently looking at Alfred and your Uni Call workflow.

1. Do you have any plans to support BusyContact as an alternate address book?

2. Any possibility of you supporting a fax-via-email option using the industry standard format fax-number@3rd-party-fax-service.com?

Thank you,

Malcolm

Hi Guan,

New to Mac and currently looking at Alfred and your Uni Call workflow.

1. Do you have any plans to support BusyContact as an alternate address book?

2. Any possibility of you supporting a fax-via-email option using the industry standard format fax-number@3rd-party-fax-service.com?

Thank you,
Malcolm

Uni Call is built for Apple Contacts (iCloud). However, it looks that BusyContact can sync with iCloud. You may use iCloud as the bridge to bring Uni Call to BusyContact.

Is there a dedicated app on Mac OS X to support fax-via-email? Uni Call needs to communicate with such app in order to implement such functionality.

-g

• 2 weeks later...