Unable to compile scrip 'itunes'

When I use Alfred 2 iTunes mini I get the following message

Unable to compile script 'itunes'

You really shouldn't be seeing this message! Alfred compiles and caches AppleScripts to make things faster. Something has happened which has prevented Alfred from doing this for e.g. osacompile does not exist or there is a permissions problem.

Alfred will fall back to internally compiling scripts when it needs them.

I'm using the latest version of Alfred - downloaded from the website earlier today.

OS X 10.8.3

When I use Alfred 2 iTunes mini I get the following message

Unable to compile script 'itunes'

You really shouldn't be seeing this message! Alfred compiles and caches AppleScripts to make things faster. Something has happened which has prevented Alfred from doing this for e.g. osacompile does not exist or there is a permissions problem.

Alfred will fall back to internally compiling scripts when it needs them.

I'm using the latest version of Alfred - downloaded from the website earlier today.

OS X 10.8.3

Does the iTunes mini player / iTunes actions still work after this message? If so, it may just be a permissions issue. Open Disk Utility.app, select your drive and click 'Repair Permissions'. Once complete, restart your Mac and try again :)

[Moving to Help forum]

Cheers,

Andrew

Have done as you suggested and done repair permissions but still have the problem - and have tried to select a singer, then a song from their album and it's not working.  If I select playlists and select one of my playlists I just get the choice of choosing again rather than it showing whats in the playlist.

In case it may have a baring on what's wrong - I've downloaded the Evernote workflow and that's not working either (I'm in contact with Carlos about this).  Other workflows Weather, Alfredtweet and Search Mail (all by David Ferguson) seem to be working fine.

Have taken a look at my preferences in Alfred and notice that the iTunes icon has a white no entry sign over it.

Hmm, I wonder... could you try reinstalling iTunes? If Alfred can't get access to it or something is corrupt, then he won't be able to run any AppleScript for it.

Have now quite Alfred, trashed it and emptied trash.  Then downloaded and started again.  But still have the same problem.

Could you try temporarily creating a new user account on your Mac, switching to that user and seeing if the issue exists. This will act like a new[ish] install of OS X without anything on your current profile which could potentially interfere.