Alfred arbitrarily forgets shortcuts

Neilio

Odd issue I've been seeing off and on for a while where I'll have Alfred fully "trained", and then one day a shortcut that always worked suddenly pulls up another app as its first result.

Not sure what kind of debugging / troubleshooting info I can provide: running 2.0.3 with the super uber power pack on 10.8.3 with Dropbox sync on.

Odd issue I've been seeing off and on for a while where I'll have Alfred fully "trained", and then one day a shortcut that always worked suddenly pulls up another app as its first result.

Not sure what kind of debugging / troubleshooting info I can provide: running 2.0.3 with the super uber power pack on 10.8.3 with Dropbox sync on.

I'm a little unclear from the original post. By "shortcut" are you meaning just a random search string, a specified keyword (in a workflow), a hotkey, etc? What isn't working as expected?

I'm a little unclear from the original post. By "shortcut" are you meaning just a random search string, a specified keyword (in a workflow), a hotkey, etc? What isn't working as expected?

An abbreviation / workflow keyword. So for example I have Alfred trained to launch Safari when I enter "s", but for some reason at some random point Alfred will stop listing Safari as the top result for "s" and will start listing System Preferences instead (as an example).

I'm not sure how Alfred remembers keyword training but this weird amnesia issue is something I see fairly often.

An abbreviation / workflow keyword. So for example I have Alfred trained to launch Safari when I enter "s", but for some reason at some random point Alfred will stop listing Safari as the top result for "s" and will start listing System Preferences instead (as an example).

I'm not sure how Alfred remembers keyword training but this weird amnesia issue is something I see fairly often.

Have you tried resettings Alfred's knowledge and tried it a second time to see if it would resolve itself? The option to clear his knowledge is under the Advanced tab in the Alfred Preferences