dathin

Learning Issues

Hello :)

I am having trouble with Alfred learning my youtube shortcut for 'Search Youtube'. It was working fine until 30 minutes ago when typing 'you' instead brought up my bookmark for YouTube (and I pressed enter). Now, no matter how many times I select 'Search YouTube' after typing 'you' it will not relearn it. In addition I by accident selected another bookmark (with the word 'your' in its title) once and now even this appears before 'Search YouTube'!!

I know that reseting Alfred's knowledge will probably resolve that but I don't want to have to train everything again! A similar issue happened with a folder and I had to reset knowledge as well… It would be nice if I could reset knowledge only for specific items so that these kind of bugs are not as costly. 

Maybe worth noting that this happened to me again a few days ago and I resolved it by deleting the bookmark that was in the way. 

* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action
- It happens every time now...

* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using
- 2.0.3(187)

* Include your OS X version

best,

Dionysis

Hello :)

I am having trouble with Alfred learning my youtube shortcut for 'Search Youtube'. It was working fine until 30 minutes ago when typing 'you' instead brought up my bookmark for YouTube (and I pressed enter). Now, no matter how many times I select 'Search YouTube' after typing 'you' it will not relearn it. In addition I by accident selected another bookmark (with the word 'your' in its title) once and now even this appears before 'Search YouTube'!!

This is a consequence of keyword latching, but won't affect your ability to search with YouTube. Simply keep typing "youtube keyword" to filter your query to YouTube.

You can also change your keyword for YouTube to "yt" so that you can even more quickly type "yt keyword" to find what you want!

I'll move this to the Discussions forum and out of Bugs. :)

Thank you or your reply Vero!

I just assumed that keyboard latching would work for everything including search items. Just a habit coming from LaunchBar…  :)

But apart from the search items is everything else subject to the same keyword latching behavior?

best,

Dionysis

But apart from the search items is everything else subject to the same keyword latching behavior?

best,

Dionysis

Alfred has two ways of learning, overall knowledge of usage and latching. Latching allows specific typed keywords to be attached to the actioned result allowing for quicker relearning of selected results. This is why the youtube keyword [placeholder] wouldn't latch as you never actually action the 'youtube' keyword for the typed phrase 'youtube', it is always e.g. 'youtube car'.

That's why we recommend just typing through your query instead of waiting for youtube to come to the top. As soon as you start typing the subsequent search term, the youtube search will be at the top anyway.

Cheers,

Andrew