Workflow opening non-default browser

I downloaded a few workflows for sabnzbd, couch potato, and sick beard. They were working fine at first, then I did an update for Alfred and now when I use any of their functions that open a browser window, Safari (my default browser) opens, but now so does Firefox. I'm not seeing any setting in the workflow or in Alfred that would open a different browser, so I'm kind of stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I downloaded a few workflows for sabnzbd, couch potato, and sick beard. They were working fine at first, then I did an update for Alfred and now when I use any of their functions that open a browser window, Safari (my default browser) opens, but now so does Firefox. I'm not seeing any setting in the workflow or in Alfred that would open a different browser, so I'm kind of stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure what would cause this, but I doubt it has anything to do with Alfred. If you are using the same workflows I looked at, and I'm pretty sure you would be, they are using python to open the browser window. It's using the webbrowser python module. I haven't looked into how it works, but I would suggest that it stems from there.

No other program on my computer opens Firefox (except for clicking directly on Firefox), so this appears to be an Alfred (or workflow) issue to me. I've done nothing to (because I don't know how) the webbrowser python module. Again, it was working correctly, then there was an Alfred update, and now it's not.

No other program on my computer opens Firefox (except for clicking directly on Firefox), so this appears to be an Alfred (or workflow) issue to me. I've done nothing to (because I don't know how) the webbrowser python module. Again, it was working correctly, then there was an Alfred update, and now it's not.

I wasn't implying that you changed the webbrowser python module. As I said, assuming that you are using the same workflows I looked at, the browser that opens is in no way something that Alfred handles. The python script opens the browserURL. So, if it's not working as expected, it's the result of the python module not working properly.

But I downloaded and used the workflow for several weeks without issue, then an Alfred update came along and now it's opening Firefox. Before I bug the person who provided something for free for software I paid for, I'd like to make sure I'm actually asking the right person.

But I downloaded and used the workflow for several weeks without issue, then an Alfred update came along and now it's opening Firefox. Before I bug the person who provided something for free for software I paid for, I'd like to make sure I'm actually asking the right person.

Link me to the workflows so I can ensure that I looked at the same ones. I have only seen one set for these.

Alfred simply asks OS X to open a URL - this hasn't changed in many versions. Could you quit both Safari and Firefox, then use Alfred's built in Google search to see if just your default browser opens?

If a workflow is opening a URL using its own methods (David mentioned using Python to open the URL), then this will be outside of Alfred's control.

Cheers,

Andrew

Link me to the workflows so I can ensure that I looked at the same ones. I have only seen one set for these.

http://www.alfredworkflow.com/#SABnzbd-Alfred

http://www.alfredworkflow.com/#CouchPotato-Alfred

http://www.alfredworkflow.com/#Sickbeard-Alfred

That's where I found them and downloaded them from, so hopefully those are the links you need.

Alfred simply asks OS X to open a URL - this hasn't changed in many versions. Could you quit both Safari and Firefox, then use Alfred's built in Google search to see if just your default browser opens?

If a workflow is opening a URL using its own methods (David mentioned using Python to open the URL), then this will be outside of Alfred's control.

Cheers,

Andrew

This just opens the default browser (Safari).

Thank you both for your help.

Cheers,

Andrew

http://www.alfredworkflow.com/#SABnzbd-Alfred

http://www.alfredworkflow.com/#CouchPotato-Alfred

http://www.alfredworkflow.com/#Sickbeard-Alfred

That's where I found them and downloaded them from, so hopefully those are the links you need.

This just opens the default browser (Safari).

Thank you both for your help.

Thanks for helping out Andrew.

I downloaded and looked at all 3. All three are exactly the workflows that I had previously referred to. None of them use the Alfred "Open URL" action anywhere in the workflow. Therefore, opening the wrong browser is not the result of anything on Alfred's part. These workflows opening the wrong browser is something on the workflow/script's side, and not something related to Alfred. Everything in these workflows is either a script filter or a keyword that then links to a python script, that opens a browser window.