stevenla

Google Play Music Hotkeys

This looks great but when I add it to Alfred it doesn't let me use the hotkeys, I assume because they're already associated with iTunes. How can I get this to work?

Try using https://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/ to remap the 3 media keys to F7 F8 and F9. Then use the F-keys as the triggers in Alfred.  If you want to keep the ability to control iTunes using those keys you can map fn+mediaKey back to the its original function.  

So if you press next keyRemap4macbook changes your press to F9 and triggers alfred.

If you press fn+next keyRemap4macbook changes your press to next which triggers iTunes.

Map mediaKey to F-key:

qtfuMvw.png

Map fn+mediaKey to mediaKey:

pms8QC0.png

Great idea and good execution. However, for Chrome, you can also install Media Keys by Sway.fm which work pretty well for play/pause, next, and previous. 

Your workflow has like and dislike though, which is cool -- I'd like to see more functionality like that! (i.e. maybe share, add/remove from library, etc.)