Message Box

Has anyone got a way to display a "Please wait" message box while Alfred is away doing some task? I have a workflow which downloads from the internet and takes 10-20 seconds, so after you have selected the Alfred action and Alfred has disappeared, you are left looking at the screen wondering "IS ANYTHING GOING ON".

In my script I would like something like this:-

DisplayMessage("Please wait")

Get the downloads.....

CloseMessage()

Has anyone got a way to display a "Please wait" message box while Alfred is away doing some task? I have a workflow which downloads from the internet and takes 10-20 seconds, so after you have selected the Alfred action and Alfred has disappeared, you are left looking at the screen wondering "IS ANYTHING GOING ON".

Get the downloads.....

CloseMessage()

I believe there are a few apps that let you create Notifications programmatically. You could use one of those to create notifications during the script execution.

Get the downloads.....

CloseMessage()

I believe there are a few apps that let you create Notifications programmatically. You could use one of those to create notifications during the script execution.

In AppleScript the Workflow Library has a notification feature that may help.

Thank both of you for your replies, pointed me in the right direction. As I am using a python script finished up using Alp. The notification message comes up and then disappears after a few seconds, but the python icon starts bouncing in the dock while the script is running so you can see something is happening.