Request: Create New .txt file and open default editor

I'm trying to replicate some of my workflows in Drafts on iOS. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing with scripting or workflow creation. So I'm here to ask for help.

The workflow I'm trying to replicate is txt file creation. I've found a few that do some of the things I want, but not one that replicates the whole workflow I'm looking for. Which is this:

- All .txt files to save in the same folder.

- What I type after the keyword trigger would be the filename, without the .txt extension. That would be added in the workflow.

- After executing the Alfred workflow, my default text editor will open that file.

If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to replicate some of my workflows in Drafts on iOS. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing with scripting or workflow creation. So I'm here to ask for help.

The workflow I'm trying to replicate is txt file creation. I've found a few that do some of the things I want, but not one that replicates the whole workflow I'm looking for. Which is this:

- All .txt files to save in the same folder.

- What I type after the keyword trigger would be the filename, without the .txt extension. That would be added in the workflow.

- After executing the Alfred workflow, my default text editor will open that file.

If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

My workflow almost does all you need but after the keyword you type tags then a hash sign then the filename (all optional).

Link

My workflow almost does all you need but after the keyword you type tags then a hash sign then the filename (all optional).

Link

I was playing around with your workflow earlier. It's really nice, but... and this is mainly because I don't know what I'm doing :)... I'm not really sure how I can get it to act the way I want.

I rarely tag files in nvALT because I spend most of my time in Byword. And I seem to be misunderstanding your instructions on how to remove the tag, I'd prefer a way to just turn that feature off. The other problem I'm having is that the option I want (new blank text file) is the third option. It would be nice if there were separate keyword for each of those options. Lastly, how do I make it open the file in my default text editor after creation?

Sorry if these questions seem silly. Trying to figure all this stuff out.

I was playing around with your workflow earlier. It's really nice, but... and this is mainly because I don't know what I'm doing :)... I'm not really sure how I can get it to act the way I want.

I rarely tag files in nvALT because I spend most of my time in Byword. And I seem to be misunderstanding your instructions on how to remove the tag, I'd prefer a way to just turn that feature off. The other problem I'm having is that the option I want (new blank text file) is the third option. It would be nice if there were separate keyword for each of those options. Lastly, how do I make it open the file in my default text editor after creation?

Sorry if these questions seem silly. Trying to figure all this stuff out.

Please, download the current version that is still in progress but very functional: link

In this version:

• the main keyword is nf
  • Alfred should learn which item is used more and move it to top of the list
  • you can basically type: nf #Filename here
  • ​if you don’t want any tag at all then type: nf -#Filename here

This version is still in progress and things may be changed. Your feedback will be considered.