Simple question: How to open your ~ (home folder)

Hi All,

This is neto from Brazil

How are you?

When I press Alt+Space and type ~ and space  (I can see my home folder on the top) but the list does not show it.

Which sequence do I need to press to go directly to my home folder?

Thank you very much

All the best

neto

Hi. Well if I do the same I see my home folder at top and the subfolders at bottom (list).

Do you have your home folder in an unusual location (such as an external volume)? If so go to Alfred Preferences>File Search>Advanced and set the path there.

If that is not the case can you take a screenshot?

Well, I think I know what you mean and the HOME or ~ is a little weird for me too. It will list the folders in your user directory so that you can grab files and do actions on them ... I think.

Instead: Try opening Alfred, then hit SPACE, then type your name {as it appears in the user folder}.

Then, Afred lists your root home folder at the top, so simply hit ENTER and it will open the folder in Finder for you.

Hi Rodger

This is neto from Brazil

How are you?

Thanks for te tip. It worked. Is there any way to use ~ and go home.

Your suggestion is create but I need to type more rather than ~ :)

All te best

neto

There are several ways that this could be accomplished with workflows, the two easiest methods are: 

1. You could set up a simple workflow with a keyword that would open your home folder.

2. You could set up a hotkey that would open your home folder.

Hi David

This is neto from Brazil

How are you?

Thanks for your answer.

do you have some examples?

Thank you

neto

Download this workflow. Then you can call up Alfred and type 'home' and press enter, or you could simply press cmd+opt+ctrl+H. Of course, with the workflow, both the keyword and the hotkey could be customized to your liking.

• 2 weeks later...